DEPTHS OF SIKHOTE-ALIN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PARTIZANSKAYA SENTRY

+21
Vanguard
Onyx
Nature
Fenrir
Alastor
Emilia
Ghost
Raelyn
Braxton
Star
Pilot
Loup
Ember
Augustine
Pavor
Rivet
Kaia
Lupa
Lennox
Koa
25 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

PARTIZANSKAYA SENTRY - Page 2 Empty Re: PARTIZANSKAYA SENTRY

Post  Augustine Sun May 31, 2015 12:50 pm

AUGUSTINE
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

The initial shock of stumbling headfirst into a gathering of wolves worn off, the discomfort buried deep in his bones at the sheer number of wolves, but he wasn't sure he'd be able to leave without one of them noticing. Augustine chastised himself, the entire reason he'd followed the scents was so that he'd find.... them and ask for a place in their home, not stumble into a gathering, glare at them, then leave. He stuck out his jaw stubbornly, forced himself to sit down - rump hitting the ground much like a haughty pup - and listened to what they were saying. ...................................................................................................................

"I was a young pup; I did not know many troubles. But before long, I would come to know them, and come to know many. I would come to know pain, and come to know its constant torment. And so would the rest of my pack. While this pain was now familiar to us, and apart of our lives, this pain had been a thing of reconciliation; in the context of past years, it was relatively new. The humans had retreated, and more deliberately ceased their hunts of a certain foe. For those who do not know, that certain foe is feline; it is orange in nature, and sports black stripes. Tigers, they are, and with the humans' retreat, they returned; they returned with a vengeance. Not only did our food supply over the years dwindle, thanks to their constant, haunting presence and large appetites, but our numbers did, too. Our kind fell often to their claws, and fell moreso during my time. While they recovered, we were caught off-guard. And while they prospered, we fell. Make no mistake; there were always more wolves than there were tigers. That is, until our kind could take no more; they either perished, or fled.

You might wonder why we are all gathered here. Perhaps it is by chance, and is a mere coincidence. Or perhaps, we have all met at the hands of fate. I do not know. But, I have at least encouraged some part in the likes of your muster, and so, I must explain myself. I am the last of the wolves here; unlike the rest, I did not perish, nor did I flee. But I am the last, mainly because of my carelessness. I led my own pack in my prime, and led the remnants of it to confront a great tiger that had been sauntering too close to the den, and too close for comfort. I'd rather avoid the details at length, but they all fell to the beast. In my cowardice, I ran; maybe I should have died with them. But maybe, my selfishness was not in vain, for maybe, I was meant to live, and was meant to guide you all.

In their memory, and for the sake of this land, I would like to see our kind restored here. We can indeed co-exist with tigers, but they must know their place, and, consequently, we must know our place. I give you all this quest. See me not as a leader, but as a mere guide. The true leaders of this pack will make themselves known, and thereafter shall be rewarded. We can all live here again, somehow. That I believe."

When she finished, Augustine's head canted to the side a fraction, his eyes searching the ground as he..... took in all the information placed before him. The elder wanted everyone gather to help her restore......... wolves to her land, and while he had been eager to live there, he had been expecting three, maybe five... wolves at the most, the wolves gathered in this clearing had to be double that. When he looked up.......... again, he searched the clearing, looking over all the others, measuring them up and wondering what....... they did, where they came from, what happened to them. It wasn't too long after that he realized he had made his decision to join them when he followed their scent. With a sigh, Augustine looked back up to... the elder female and nodded his ascent, he'd help her restore wolves to her home, on the condition he..... could live there. It seemed like a fair trade.............................................................................................................

At the sound of a growl behind him, Augustine launched himself to his feet and whirled around to face the source of the noise, his own growl sounding in his throat. Standing as tall as he could make himself, ears forward and tail raised to make himself look larger - despite the fact that he was already large - and waited for the female to back down. He wasn't sure what set her off, but he definitely didn't like how...... she sneaked up on them............................................................................................................................................

[341 words]
Augustine
Augustine

http://wolfquest.org/bb/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=51

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Sun May 31, 2015 3:25 pm

"W-What brings you here, New wolf?"

"If you are hungry there is a deer carcass, I killed it earlier."

One word floods my system as I am golted awake by a voice. STRANGER!!! I jump to my feet, terrified. Is she talking to me? Well, there isn't anyone else under this bush, so, she has to be. I look at the stranger, trying to think of a a way to reply. "I came here because, well, I just felt like I had to move. I couldn't stop, I just kept walking, until I reached this bush." I continue watching the stranger, observing all of its movements. If it is hostile I'll need to know. Yet, it offered me food. Although I don't want it, it was a kind act. I'm not hungry, but I have a question. Are you and the other wolves part of a pack?" I ask,happening that if they are they won't be hostile. I kind of would like to join, if they are a pack. I just feel like that is something I must do.
Ember
Ember
GREEN Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Sun May 31, 2015 4:02 pm

I hear the new wolf. Realising she means no harm.

"Okay, just if you need some food take it. Yes we are part of a pack. The packs here used to be powerful but there was a huge disaster. Only one know as the last ancient knows the details. She has given us all a mission: to restore wolf life in these lands" I look around. Scanning the area "The one known as the Last Ancient prefers to go by her name which is Koa. She told us of the dangers. Tigers live nearby and are one of the causes of the disaster. Both wolves and tigers need to learn their place here." I sense danger, a tiger presence nearby "Talking about tigers, there is one nearby. Follow me, I'll take you to safety." I say with a sort of worry in my voice, I begin to trot away. My fur ripples as I run and my muscles tense with every motion. My tail help out behind me sways as I trot towards a hill. As I come across Koa and the others I say "There is a tiger nearby. I recommend going to the small hill." then proceed, hoping everyone else is following.

Suddenly something heavy, much larger than me dives on my back. It was a tiger. I struggled out from underneath it. I know I am probably no match for him alone but I push on nonetheless. I growl and snarl bearing my teeth, but the huge beast does the same. I see a weakness in him, on his hind leg, he has a wound. I circle him and he begins to back down. Me being much more agile trot round behind him quickly and bite his wound repetitively, eventually he swipes with his paw; knocking me down. I get up quickly but he pushes me toward the edge of the hill, below there are jagged rocks and I am sure to not survive the fall. I quickly swerve around him and once again bite his wound, this time it was enough for him to fall over in pain. I climb to a higher spot where he cannot reach me and he just plods back off into the forest.

I sit there, licking my wounds. I received a wound to my leg and nose, I can still run fine. I then run down the hill and return to Koa...
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Sun May 31, 2015 4:22 pm

I look at Wolf and her pack, slightly amused. The little tiger attacked her, and although she is hurt, the tiger left. I trot over to a small hole in the ground, and sniff at it. Hare. I glance over my shoulder, no ones paying any attention to me. I follow scent, but when I see the rabbit, I am distracted by a bigger thing moving. Deer! Even better... I carefully stalk around the herd, staying downwind. I observe the herd, watching for injured or elderly deer. A loud noise draws my attention. Two bucks where clashing antlers and when the loser pulled away, the other one rammed into his side. Perfect. The buck stumbled the the edge of the pack, and I lunged forward. It tried to run, but I leaped onto it's back, where is broke it's neck. I ate some, then brought the carcass back to the pack. I know that the Wolf killed a deer earlier, I prefer to kill my own meals. I have some trust issues...
Ember
Ember
GREEN Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavor Sun May 31, 2015 4:48 pm

"I was a young pup; I did not know many troubles. But before long, I would come to know them, and come to know many. I would come to know pain, and come to know its constant torment. And so would the rest of my pack. While this pain was now familiar to us, and apart of our lives, this pain had been a thing of reconciliation; in the context of past years, it was relatively new. The humans had retreated, and more deliberately ceased their hunts of a certain foe. For those who do not know, that certain foe is feline; it is orange in nature, and sports black stripes. Tigers, they are, and with the humans' retreat, they returned; they returned with a vengeance. Not only did our food supply over the years dwindle, thanks to their constant, haunting presence and large appetites, but our numbers did, too. Our kind fell often to their claws, and fell moreso during my time. While they recovered, we were caught off-guard. And while they prospered, we fell. Make no mistake; there were always more wolves than there were tigers. That is, until our kind could take no more; they either perished, or fled.

You might wonder why we are all gathered here. Perhaps it is by chance, and is a mere coincidence. Or perhaps, we have all met at the hands of fate. I do not know. But, I have at least encouraged some part in the likes of your muster, and so, I must explain myself. I am the last of the wolves here; unlike the rest, I did not perish, nor did I flee. But I am the last, mainly because of my carelessness. I led my own pack in my prime, and led the remnants of it to confront a great tiger that had been sauntering too close to the den, and too close for comfort. I'd rather avoid the details at length, but they all fell to the beast. In my cowardice, I ran; maybe I should have died with them. But maybe, my selfishness was not in vain, for maybe, I was meant to live, and was meant to guide you all.

In their memory, and for the sake of this land, I would like to see our kind restored here. We can indeed co-exist with tigers, but they must know their place, and, consequently, we must know our place. I give you all this quest. See me not as a leader, but as a mere guide. The true leaders of this pack will make themselves known, and thereafter shall be rewarded. We can all live here again, somehow. That I believe."

She had listened intently. The thought of a new chance in this land made a small unnoticeable smile play across her muzzle. This was it, she had been searching for a place to call home. And here was the chance she had been practically begging for. 'Well, here goes nothing.' She thought. As soon as she was about to speak, her head snapped in the direction of two growls. Pavor was fearful at first, but was soon growing a little irritable.

"Honestly, She tells us to rebuild the population of wolves in the area, and you're already growling at one another." She called out to the two of them. She took a step back none the less, as both were both fair in size, and she can't fight to save her life. She held her gaze looking at them, her defiant expression remaining. "As for me, i am all for this Pack, or whatever you lot would like to call it." She let her gaze flick across the clearing before sitting down quite triumphantly, but almost like she was sitting uncomfortably.
Pavor
Pavor
GREEN Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Sun May 31, 2015 5:25 pm

Loup's growl vibrated low in her throat. The big male looked tough, but she could smell his surprise. Keeping her body and tail low, she slowly approached him and the rest of the group. The scent of tiger and deer flicked across her nose, but her eyes remained locked on the other wolves. Prey and foe she could understand, but the minds of canines were far more unpredictable and dangerous. Gradually, she let her vocalization quiet. The growl dissolved into a soft huff of air and Loup lowered herself submissively to the ground. Her gaze darted from wolf to wolf. She was still tense, but the male was the only one showing aggression and even he hadn't attacked. She slid sideways onto one shoulder, baring her vulnerable belly. However, just as smoothly as she cowered, the female also drew one forepaw underneath her body, ready to lift up and fight at a moment's notice. Loup knew she must reek of fear, that every hair on her body was trembling with it, but she dared not turn back now. Pressing her ears flat against her head, the female bared her teeth in what might have been a timid smile but what looked equally like a snarl.
"Hello," she said softly
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Sun May 31, 2015 5:34 pm

(Now is not the time to bring tigers into the roleplay; we are still trying to set things up.)

"GO NOW," SHE SAID. "Some of you may be more experienced than others; I trust that you guide those individuals and do what you may. No longer will some of you be mere recruits or newcomers; you will be titled Familiars. Sentries, hunters, caretakers, and one Seeker will make up the majority of this pack. These are the roles my ancestors filled, and we must also follow their example. You will know when your time has come. And, eventually, there will be leaders that you will answer to. But that will be at my discretion, and I shall decide upon those individuals. For now, I leave you. You will know the areas of the territory that I frequent, as you will smell my scent; I recommend you frequent those areas and do the same. Explore on your own; I am too feeble to give you a tour of the entire territory. But, I recommend you travel in groups of two or three. Never go out on your own; you are asking for trouble.
Best of luck."

And with that, the female disappeared, hoping that these wolves might make something of themselves.
Koa
Koa
The Last Ancient

https://wolvesofsikhotealin.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Sun May 31, 2015 5:52 pm

(Sorry I was bored wanted to make some action)

Lupa dips her head in recognision. I turn and know not who to travel with "Does anyone wish to travel with me?" I ask, feeling the need to do so. If noone does I shall go alone, although Koa recommended we should not. I think to myself. All the growling around me is stressful "All of you, stop. We may not all agree but we have just been told to resore wolf population. If you cannot go one minute without having a dispute how are we surposed to do that? All of you just calm down and get along." I say sternly, my dominant side begining to show. I walk to the newcomer. "You want to join the pack? We need as many as we can get." I say, welcoming her, trying to get her to join us. I wait for an answer and listen to the others. I see Loup flattern herself. I lift my tail high and bear my teeth, my hackles rise. "Hello, Loup." I say as she growls deeply.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Sun May 31, 2015 6:18 pm

Loup eyed her fellow wolf. After a moment of hard scrutiny, she decided that this individual had the authority to be worthy of her attention. The brown female straightened abruptly, shaking out her ruffled fur with a thrash. Loup was muzzle to muzzle with Lupa, though slightly shorter. Still a bit wary of the others, the she wolf wagged her tail in a respectful, grateful sweep.
"I'll come with you, if I may."
Loup was not intimidated by the other wolf when it came to a fight, but there was no reason to push her luck socially. Courtesy did sometimes pay off.
"But we need the others too." A trickle of loneliness still bothered Loup. She wanted a pack, but not a dysfunctional one. That was worse than being alone. Besides, she hadn't counted on the old wolf leaving. Now Loup felt vulnerable without a greater being to hammer out the behavior of her peers. Yet Loup had shown herself because she had wanted to offer her loyalty to someone, and just because the someone had turned out to be an entire pack didn't mean she had the right to run away. She wasn't sure if she could live with them, but she would try if they did the same.
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Sun May 31, 2015 6:26 pm

I hear her "Of course. Yes, we shall need the others to join us." me being an Alpha take the role of leading them. "We go East, away from the forest where tigers lurk, for now." I sense Loup's need for someone to take as leader, I begin to assert my dominance over the pack. The wind blows from the West, making my fur blow up. The sun shining, makes my wet nose and yellow eyes seem to sparkle. The scent of the other wolves is great. Koa's scent is weak. I begin to scent around the area, my Alpha instincts kick in making me scent around the area. "We must go, now." I say sternly. The presence of Koa gone into the distance is eary. I think she must be somewhere, she can't of just disappared...
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Augustine Sun May 31, 2015 6:26 pm

AUGUSTINE
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

The female lowered herself in submission, baring her belly to him and that was enough to placate him. When she entered the clearing growling, he immediately thought it was a threat, but she seemed to be.. just as nervous as he was. Augustine could forgive that. The growl died in his throat and he lowered his tail, taking a step forward to swipe his tongue over her ear in apology. "Hello," he said gruffly, taking a step back to give her space so she could stand up again.......................................................................................

"All of you, stop. We may not all agree but we have just been told to restore wolf population. If you cannot go one minute without having a dispute how are we supposed to do that? All of you just calm down and get along."

If Augustine had eyebrows, they would surely be raised. Not even thirty seconds after chastising him..... did she continue his behaviour by posturing. He nipped at her heels to get her to leave the poor lass on.. the ground alone, and turned his attention to the elderly she-wolf...................................................................

"Some of you may be more experienced than others; I trust that you guide those individuals and do what you may. No longer will some of you be mere recruits or newcomers; you will be titled Familiars. Sentries, hunters, caretakers, and one Seeker will make up the majority of this pack. These are the roles my ancestors filled, and we must also follow their example. You will know when your time has come. And, eventually, there will be leaders that you will answer to. But that will be at my discretion, and I shall decide upon those individuals. For now, I leave you. You will know the areas of the territory that I frequent, as you will smell my scent; I recommend you frequent those areas and do the same. Explore on your own; I am too feeble to give you a tour of the entire territory. But, I recommend you travel in groups of two or three. Never go out on your own; you are asking for trouble.
Best of luck."

After the story of how her entire pack had been killed by tigers, he doubted that anyone was actually touched enough to travel by themselves. While Augustine certainly wasn't one to appreciate the company of others strictly speaking, he wasn't inclined to chance an encounter with tigers. Sure, he was large and well muscled, but he was no match for a tiger if he were to encounter one alone. At least in a group he'd stand a chance of seeing another day. He let out a huff and looked to the female he'd gotten into a growling match with, perhaps she'd be willing to go out and explore. Maybe he should just wait to see if anyone would invite him along? Augustine scowled to himself, and steeled himself to ask to tag along with someone.

When he had solved his internal crisis, he turned back to the brown and grey male he'd spied earlier. To get his attention, he nudged his shoulder with his nose, his expression pained as he tried for figure out his words before the finally came to him. "You heard what she said. It's dangerous to travel alone," a pained pause before he continued, just in case he didn't understand what he was scratching at, "would you like to come with me?"

[352 words]

Last edited by Augustine on Sun May 31, 2015 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing my word count)
Augustine
Augustine

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Sun May 31, 2015 6:42 pm

I sit at the edge of this pack, watching the scene before me. They are separating I to groups to explore the territory, and I should join one. I pull myself to my feet, then look at the gathering of wolves, thinking, were did this bravery come from. Just a few weeks before I would be scared out of my mind right now. I bark out at the pack, "Will any wolf let me join their group?" I continue standing, waiting for an answer from them. I refuse fear to enter me, thinking that even if no one wished to come, I would go out and explore by my own, I believe I would be perfectly fine, as I have survived all of this time as a loner.
Ember
Ember
GREEN Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavor Sun May 31, 2015 6:49 pm

"Some of you may be more experienced than others; I trust that you guide those individuals and do what you may. No longer will some of you be mere recruits or newcomers; you will be titled Familiars. Sentries, hunters, caretakers, and one Seeker will make up the majority of this pack. These are the roles my ancestors filled, and we must also follow their example. You will know when your time has come. And, eventually, there will be leaders that you will answer to. But that will be at my discretion, and I shall decide upon those individuals. For now, I leave you. You will know the areas of the territory that I frequent, as you will smell my scent; I recommend you frequent those areas and do the same. Explore on your own; I am too feeble to give you a tour of the entire territory. But, I recommend you travel in groups of two or three. Never go out on your own; you are asking for trouble.
Best of luck."

'That's it? That's all she is going to say? If she thinks that best. . . Pavor thought as Koa left the clearing. She was confused to be honest. Very confused.

"Does anyone wish to travel with me?"

Her heart froze. Her head suddenly snapped in her direction. Was she serious? She didn;t have a problem with Koa's directions and somewhat lack of warning. She looked bewildered and stunned. Her dark amber eyes moved from canine, to canine, watching and waiting for some kind of response to this madness.

"I'll come with you if i may"

Another had spoken and taken this wolf up on her offer, The creme and black marked female was confused beyond everything. 'Did they not hear that there are tigers on the loose and drove all but on wolf from this land?' she thought. She sat stiffly, unwilling to move, her eyes narrowed. yes she had wanted a pack, but she wasn't going to just wander about senselessly. Barking mad. the lot of them. she thought as others were asking to go out and explore with each other, she however was perfectly content with sitting right here.
Pavor
Pavor
GREEN Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Sun May 31, 2015 7:02 pm

"Will any wolf let me join their group?" My head turns at this speech. "Yes, I shall. Come with me." my head looK's towards Pavor. "Join me exploring?" I say to him. The amount of tigers to me is unknown so I stay alert. There seem to be none nearby. Is everyone insane? If they stay here they arr closer to where the tigers roam. I become confused with some of the wolves choices and loose patience, "We leave now. We are wasting to much time, how are we surpossed to restore wolf life here without knowing the territory? We need to learn it well. Especially as tigers roam around." I begin to leave. Hopefully with Ember and Loup following, just in case I say Ember, Loup, let's go." then start sniffing and learning our territory. The air is clear and fresh to the East, away from any tigers. "This area is a safe place." I say. Then I scent the area, I continue around the border scenting as I go...
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Sun May 31, 2015 7:13 pm

Loup allowed herself to relax somewhat, but at the sight of the wolves splitting into twos or threes her fear returned. If they split now, they'd spend the rest of their lives contesting this little territory and chopping it into smaller and smaller pieces. Suddenly caught up in the urge to keep her new, frail pack together Loup began trotting from group to group and pestering them.
First she went to the big male that had originally challenged her. He was standing alongside another male, looking out to the distance. Loup poked her nose in his ribcage then stood back with a concerned expression. He had shown her kindness–her first in this pack–and she wasn't keen to see him starve or be eaten. She whined very softly, wanting to speak but unsure of how to communicate her desire to maintain the group. At last she just gave an urgent whimper and trotted swiftly away to gather the others.
Next she found the creme female who was sitting alone. This wolf looked scared and confused. Loup nipped her gently but firmly. With force, she found her voice.
"Come on," she insisted "You've got to move!"
Then Loup heard a voice.

"Ember, Loup, let's go."
Loup froze, swinging her gaze between the two males, the lone female, and her pair of would-be companions. She felt like a tiger was pulling on each of her legs: one to go with the big male and his friend, the other to stick with the vulnerable she wolf, the third to follow Lupa and Ember, and the fourth to give up her "pack" and head for the hills. None of the options were any good, so in desperation she invented a fifth. Loup flung her head back, pointed her muzzle at the sky and howled. It was the howl of a pack-wolf calling their family together for a long, long journey. It was filled with bonding, teamwork, and stymied loneliness. If they didn't stick together right now, the howl said, things were likely to go wrong.
"Please..." Loup begged, finishing her outburst. Then she flinched, waiting for retaliation.

Last edited by Loup on Sun May 31, 2015 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Sun May 31, 2015 7:14 pm

[If you plan on leaving this thread/any other roleplay thread, it is helpful to put - Headed to (insert roleplay place here) - at the bottom of your post, so that others know where you are going, and may join you. Just thought I'd say that before everyone really starts to move. Thanks!]
Koa
Koa
The Last Ancient

https://wolvesofsikhotealin.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Sun May 31, 2015 7:29 pm

I look at the wolf who howled, yes... If she means we should all explore together, then I agree. I think that would be safest. I nod at her, not willing to speak. I need to learn their names, but there is time for that later. I pad over to her, deciding to ask her. "Do you want us to travel as a pack? If so, I agree with you." I bark quietly. I sit, provoking my ears for the reply. I sure to hope that I understood that correctly... If I didn't, then, well, I'll be ashamed of myself. But then, I guess it would be difficult to know based off the fact I haven't been around wolves for years before this.
Ember
Ember
GREEN Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Augustine Sun May 31, 2015 7:41 pm

AUGUSTINE
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Augustine watched from across the clearing as the female that had disregarded her own advice rounded up a steady group of explorers, his eyes narrowing at her posture. He had postured to get rid of a threat, she was posturing to claim dominance, and if there was something he was poor coping with, it was other wolves claiming dominance over him. Of course, the elderly female was an exception, she was giving him a place to call home in exchange he help restore her territory, but this other female offered nothing for him, he wondered how useful she'd be in foraging or warding off unsavory creatures. Before she could notice his gaze, he turned away and scanned the area around him, deciding that he would go in the opposite direction of her and her group so they could mark more land.

Then a nose was poking his side, and he turned to face the owner of it, surprised once again to see the female from the growling match there, and even more surprised to witness her howl. His ears laid back on his head in confusion. She wanted them to go out as a pack, and even if he didn't have doubts about some of the other wolves, he would not be willing. That was too many wolves around him, he needed to get himself acclimated to the sheer number of them after being on his own for so long. He huffed a sigh and walked towards her, nudging her shoulder gently. "It's easier if we split up," he explained, accent the thick and rich one that northerners possessed. "We cover more ground. As long as we travel in groups we're safe."

He had serious doubts as to how safe they could be in a territory notorious for tigers, but what use was it trying to scare her? Augustine caught sight of another female sitting in the clearing, her coat cream with flecks of black, and she did not seem inclined to leave the clearing at all. Another long-suffering sigh, and he addressed her too. He wasn't sure when he had done this much talking, if he'd ever done this much talking. "Come on, we should get going. It's easier to know your surroundings than be sitting ducks when the time comes." While he definitely wasn't excited for groups, he wouldn't leave her behind. Not if that would put her in danger.

Once he thought he saw his mother offer up personal information to a stranger to ease their discomfort, hopefully this would help ease hers. "My name is Augustine." Hopefully that would bridge a connection and she'd be willing to go with him instead of sit in the clearing and wait for something, anything to happen.

[457 words]
[Rivet, Koa, Lupa, Loup, and Pavor mentioned]
Augustine
Augustine

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaia Sun May 31, 2015 7:48 pm

"I would say that we should really stop meeting like this but, seeing as I was seeking you out on my own, I guess it is fine.”

Kaia's grin brightened at him. So this male did have a bit of a sense of humor! Perhaps he was not a stick in the mud after all. This made her, admittedly, quite happy. But her thoughts were quickly interrupted, as it wasn't long before he continued talking.

“Elderly female, huh? They seem to always know what they are talking about, so if anyone is going to have the answers I am sure it would be someone experienced in the ways of life. I’m sure you’d love to nip at my heels, but sadly I simply cannot indulge in such creepy desires."

"Pfft, creepy?" She asked, laughing lightheartedly as she spoke, walking along with him in the direction of the female they were speaking of. She was borderline pleased now, rather than seeming perhaps a bit dull and slow witted, he now seemed to be alright indeed! It was not long before she was back near the older female, and she quietly listened to what she had to say. No doubt, she was fascinated. The idea of becoming the next inhabitants of this place was no doubt tempting, and she was very exited to explore and see what secrets it held. Honestly, she had never come upon a tiger before, she was curious what these lands held. Her place, now, was to explore and get an idea of what the surroundings were like. She turned to Rivet. If there were dangerous predators around, it'd probably serve well to have a bit of brawn on her side. "I'm going to scout around here, and explore. Rivet, would you like to come with?" She asked, her voice calm. She was, as well, very eager to perhaps make a friend.. A luxury she had not enjoyed in several months.
Kaia
Kaia
GREEN Sentry

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Sun May 31, 2015 7:56 pm

I return to the group. "I have marked the areas to the South and East. They are the ssfety areas of the territory." I am talking to all the wolves. The cold wind blows and the sun starts to set. "I recommend we wait until morning to explore furthuper snd this time we explore together." I sniff the air. "We should make camp slightly to the east from here as there is safety and a herd of deer. And a water source. Everything we need." I look towards the male, Augustine. "You agree, Augustine?" this wolf seems like a wolf also knows what he is doing. I figure if we work together this pack will thrive. "If we are all in agreeance we shall go, if not then we risk being targeted by tigers." my voice now stern.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Sun May 31, 2015 8:29 pm

Loup flicked her ears uncertainly. She wasn't used to being listened to, even if some of the wolves were disagreeing with her.
"That's exactly what I meant," she said quietly to the wolf that had come up beside her, glad to be understood. Then she looked at Augustine. In spite of the fact that she did not like his plan, Loup was growing to respect this wolf for his calm, reasonable leadership.
"We will cover more ground..." she hesitated, then continued "But in smaller groups we won't have as much communication between one another and if we don't know the land we could get separated for good." Loup licked her lips, surprised at having said so much. Now, however, her nerve was failing. "If we plan, then everyone will have a safe place."
What she wanted to say was We should explore, but we need to map out the general direction of where everyone is going and decide when they'll return. We also need to think out our groups so each team has a good fighter with them just in case. but Loup, ever tongue-tied, managed to say none of this. Instead, she blurted;
"Just slow down and think," then glanced away from Ember and the male, shy again. She slunk away from the rest of pack and lay down. She had exhausted all her leadership and social skills for the day. Maybe when she knew them better she would summon the courage to say more, but for now her whole frame was trembling with the effort of having spoken as much as she had. She watched Lupa pace and lecture about plans, hoping that the rest of the group would come up with something logical. Like it or not, Loup had, at least in the short term, committed herself to this little collection of wolves.
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Augustine Sun May 31, 2015 8:47 pm

AUGUSTINE
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

His ears twitched in annoyance, features drawn into one of careful consideration as he listened to the other female's plans. The thought of sitting and waiting didn't appeal to him, their group was well rested, and if they set out now they had more time to scent mark everything. Perhaps his judgement was being clouded because the other female made him uneasy, that was entirely possible, but it made sense to wait until they knew themselves better. Then again, wolves were nocturnal, which gave them the best opportunity to set out now to explore. Augustine's head hurt from the back and forth in his mind, so he took a deep breath to clear his thoughts and start over.

As the smaller female protested, he had to admit that her points were valid, but so were his, and his stubborn nature was telling him to dig his heels in and fight for what he thought was best. Then again, he had no idea what was best, which was why he was still here. After all, the second female said she marked the territory which meant any unwelcome guests would know to stay out, but something primal said 'But it's not my scent telling them to stay out.' With that realisation, he heaved yet another sigh and nodded his ascent. "We can get to know each other there," but that didn't mean he had to like it. Who knows, maybe they'd find the elderly wolf and he'd be able to get more information out of her.

[254 words]
[Koa, Loup, and Lupa mentioned]
Augustine
Augustine

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavor Sun May 31, 2015 8:55 pm

"Come on," she insisted "You've got to move!"

She flinched at the nip the female gave her. Her voice caught in her throat, and she was frightened. Not for herself, but for everyone, they could be ambushed at any moment. . . and she didn't want to get attached to them if they were. . .

"Please..." She begged. Pavor didn't move.

"Come on, we should get going. It's easier to know your surroundings than be sitting ducks when the time comes." She couldn't help but what seemed like a small smile play across her muzzle. "My name is Augustine."

"Augustine." she repeated. her voice sounded the least bit foreign "Since you gave me your name, i will give you mine. It's Pavor." She said. She ignored the voice in her head telling her that she would become attached, and make friends, only to have them ripped from her once more. She knew it all too well. If she could frown, she would have, as she was trying furiously to win the battle within her mind. Instead she took  to watching the others argue about different groups or as one group.  

"One large group would be easier to find. But We could all have a time or something to let us know to meet back here if we split up." She suggested, as One large group didn't seem sensible. She began to grow uneasy a little, but her opinion mattered too, didn't it?
Pavor
Pavor
GREEN Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Rivet Sun May 31, 2015 9:49 pm

After the ancient female had finished her tale and spoke a word or two of wisdom, she disappeared from view. If her intentions to guide from the shadows weren’t previously clear, they would be now as she all but left the group of randoms to fend for themselves. If they couldn’t come together from the start, how could they possibly restore what was once lost? Silently and thoroughly unimpressed with the situation at hand, Rivet quietly watched as a form of chaos already began to take hold of the freshly formed pack-if you could even call it such a thing. They had been told they could explore, but such a simple task was already tearing them in a multitude of different directions. Some were for the idea of smaller group explorations, while others believed it best to either stick together and explore as one whole group or refrain from leaving the clearing at all. One wolf did try to take the authoritative route, but while her words seemed to gain a bit of attention it wasn’t enough to enforce action. If he was being honest, the whole display between them all seemed rather pathetic.

"I'm going to scout around here, and explore. Rivet, would you like to come with?"

“Sure, it beats staying around here watching this disaster unfold any further.” He said, as he gave Kaia his undivided attention. “The old one stated we could simply use her scent trail in the areas she has frequented the most, so I think we should probably focus on that and that alone for the moment. They might be somewhat faint, but if you think about it-it is better to follow at least a small trace compared to no trace at all.” The brown and gray male continued, as he expressed his own thoughts and allowed them to flow freely from his black lips. “This area seems to have some good vantage points, so perhaps it will allow us to get at least some feel for the land that exist in the lower portions of our current region?” The idea was sound enough after all they were standing admits an area of cliffs that seemed readily ready to offer up their services. “Others may disagree, but I believe our immediate goal as a pack should probably be locating and establishing a permanent safe-zone. Not just from those striped creatures, but from any other beast that may lurk about. Yah, know?” Rivet finished as he shifted his paws around a bit. “We’ve all made it this far alone, so I doubt that by splitting off into separate groups it would hinder us any more than if we were off on our own. Seeing as this is the area in which we all came together, it could easily serve as our rendezvous point after we’ve explored a bit.” At this point, Rivet made no move to keep his words from anyone else who might be listening. Although, they were mainly directed toward the gray female, Kaia.  

Addressed: Kaia, and anyone else who feels like listening. ;D

Note: Sorry if I kinda repeated what some others were saying, it got a bit confusing at points.

Rivet
Rivet
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaia Sun May 31, 2015 10:22 pm

"I have marked the areas to the South and East. They are the ssfety areas of the territory. I recommend we wait until morning to explore furthuper snd this time we explore together." I sniff the air. If we are all in agreeance we shall go, if not then we risk being targeted by tigers."

Kaia looked up, noting that there was, really, a good amount of daylight left. She doubted the little scouting this female did was nearly enough to be confirmed safe for the night, and was still very eager to get a good look at the place. She did not have much trust in the idea that one wolf looking around for a couple minutes was enough scouting. She did not know this female, and thus did not know if her scouting was adequate. But, the grey female trusted her own abilities, and thus made the decision to continue on and scout anyhow. If she ended up sleeping elsewhere.. Then so be it. She also wasn't sure how Rivet felt about this, but again, she reminded herself, she did not yet trust the scouting abilities of this unfamiliar female.

"I am going to scout more. Several of us should, honestly.. And you were only gone for a few minutes. That isn't nearly adequate. You can go make camp, though, if you please." She replied, her voice was not stern nor leaderly, but absolutely honest with no hesitation. "I take full responsibility, then, if I get eaten by a tiger.. Whatever those may be!" She noted with a light grin. It wasn't long, though, before Rivet added in his two cents.

“Sure, it beats staying around here watching this disaster unfold any further. The old one stated we could simply use her scent trail in the areas she has frequented the most, so I think we should probably focus on that and that alone for the moment. They might be somewhat faint, but if you think about it-it is better to follow at least a small trace compared to no trace at all.

"I definitely agree." she replied, before allowing him to continue.

“This area seems to have some good vantage points, so perhaps it will allow us to get at least some feel for the land that exist in the lower portions of our current region? Others may disagree, but I believe our immediate goal should be locating and establishing a permanent safe-zone. Not just from those stripped creatures, but from any other beast that may lurk about. Yah, know? We’ve all made it this far alone, so I doubt that by splitting off into separate groups it would hinder us any more than if we were off on our own. Seeing as this is the area in which we all came together, it could easily serve as our rendezvous point after we’ve explored a bit.”

"Agreed. There is a stronger trail near that heads to the south west.. Me and Rivet can follow that. You guys can group up here and set up camp, if we don't find anything of interest, we will be back." She replied to him and anyone else who wanted to listen, specifically flicking her eyes to Lupa. "If this elderly female has survived this long with the tigers, we will be fine, I'm sure they have a distinct smell and we will give them a wide berth. As well, as fellow predators, I highly doubt one would want to get into a fight with two wolves.. The chance of injury would simply be too high. So we will be fine." She finished. She then nodded at Rivet and began to turn away to the south west, passing a few wolves before vanishing into the brush and trees beyond.
Kaia
Kaia
GREEN Sentry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next