DEPTHS OF SIKHOTE-ALIN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VODOPADNAYA'S PLACE OF MIRRORS

+8
Chance
Raelyn
Stripe
Madrone
Lupa
Star
Loup
Koa
12 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

VODOPADNAYA'S PLACE OF MIRRORS - Page 2 Empty Re: VODOPADNAYA'S PLACE OF MIRRORS

Post  Loup Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:39 pm

Loup tensed when the other she-wolf approached. She hadn't meant to be heard. She refused to look at Lupa, but her left ear angled slightly forward to hear her words.

Lupa went on and on, trying to establish the very thing Loup was most wary of; a bond. Should she believe this wolf? No. said the part of her that feared betrayal. Yes. argued her loneliness. Oh go away! howled her confused, overworked heart. All Loup knew was defensiveness and avoidance. Everyone she had ever trusted had become a leech–devouring Loup's resources as she fought to maintain some kind of connection. She'd put more energy into keeping friends than they did being friends. Loup hadn't sought out this pack to help her survive. She had been getting by just fine on her own. No, she'd come because she wanted co-workers. Because she couldn't stand another morning of waking up and seeing nothing but emptiness, or worse; waking up to find her "friends" mooching for help. That word–friend–was tainted for her, but "team-mate" was not. Which would Lupa be? Which would any of them be?

At the same time, Loup was no pup. She was a headstrong young wolf who wanted her own place in the world. Right now, Loup had few ambitions. Later that would probably change. She could be held back by a bossy leader just as easily as by a dependent companion. Maybe Lupa didn't want to be a hunter, but if that was the case she shouldn't be ignoring those who were. The other wolf's dominance spoke to capability, which Loup wanted in a team member, but perhaps Lupa needed to be reminded that folks had mouths and could ask for her help if they wanted it.

Loup looked up at the other female, a calculating challenge in her eyes. She sighed, pushing her frustration down.

"Look,"she said. "Thank you for trying to help. I guess that is what you like to do. That's admirable. But no body is asking you to die for our sakes. You are not the only one keeping us safe." Loup paused, not wanting to let her still-rampant emotions to come through. The last thing she needed was a fight. "I'm glad you don't doubt my skill, or anyone else's. But if that's really the case, show some more consideration for what we think. Star and Stripe didn't even get to say which animal they wanted to hunt. You can't always be around to babysit everyone. If you want to help, explain–don't do. A few seconds to strategize would have built a sense of teamwork instead of making me–and probably everyone else–feel like useless puppies. Besides, what's the fun for you being in a pack where you do everything?" That last bit Loup could say from experience, and she hoped Lupa related. "Please, Lupa, hunger is no excuse for ignoring the rest of us. We do something, we do as a team. Okay?"

"Did I miss something?" an unfamiliar voice said. Then Star's single, frightened word rang out.

"No, you actually arrived just in time." Loup said wryly, turning to stand side-by-side with Lupa. She braced herself for a fight.
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

VODOPADNAYA'S PLACE OF MIRRORS - Page 2 Empty Re: VODOPADNAYA'S PLACE OF MIRRORS

Post  Chance Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:04 pm

{ sorry it's a bit short. I really wanted to get in on the action. c: }

Chance had hesitated on his departure to the quest. The sentry remained at the den for only a little longer, he couldn't help but do his best to make sure everyone who was staying was safe for the time being. When he saw fit, he trailed behind the leading wolves, keep a watchful eye on their backs and doing his best to be of some protection from the rear.

Chance made his appearance not too far behind Raelyn, and his eyes widened in curiosity at the conversation he stumbled in on. He quickly examined the body language between the two wolves, and at just that notion alone, he decided to keep his mouth shut. Loup was obviously irritated, the other wolf - Chance flicked his ears in remembrance, this wolf was Loupa who has obviously returned - seemed confused if anything.

Chance came to a stop at Raelyn's side, it was then when he heard the word that sent a chill down his spine escape Star's maw. "You actually arrived just in time." Chance tensed, his mouth agape. "I can't tell how many there are, stench is too strong." His brow wrinkled in concentration, and he flashed a look at Loup. This wolf was already prepared for attack, her body position told Chance there wasn't much of a discussion. "So we are going to attack? I will fight beside you all. However, are we absolutely certain attacking is our best option?" He asked the line of wolves, his eyes darting across the faces of everyone around him.
Chance
Chance
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:29 pm

"So we are going to attack? I will fight beside you all. However, are we absolutely certain attacking is our best option?" A wolf, Chance I think his name was stated.

I thought for a moment. If we just ran away, we might get lost, or even worse. We might run into a tiger, then we would be surrounded.

Hopefully it was just one. They're normally solitary animals, apart from when they have young really. If it was one we could try to scare it off. Yes, that was a brilliant plan, and only if it didn't go we would attack.

"I think we should try to scare it away if it's just one. They're normally solitary. And if that doesn't work we'll attack. It's always best to give out a warning."
She looked around at everyone. She hoped there wouldn't be a fight. And if there is, that they wouldn't get hurt. At least she was there as a caretaker.
Star
Star
INTERMEDIATE Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:07 am

As Loup speak's to Lupa her body relaxes and she listens intently. Before saying "I know it's not. But I also have learned to live alone, and all I know is leading and guarding. I'm learning pack life, but I'm remembering everything my mother taught me. I didn't want to speak to Stripe as I was in fear of him. He mentioned my parents and it sent me ranging inside." She lifted her head to eye level, "I'm sorry, I respect you position in the pack, it is an important one."
"Bears" says Star, this makes Lupa jump up and sniff the air. The unwanted smell of a bear came in as so did a new wolf. Lupa headed towards the new wolf. Her body tensed, ready for a fight if the wolf wanted one. "I'm Lupa, and you are?" she says quickly, before shooting a worried look to both Star and Stripe. The bear being around worries her for their safety.
"However are we absolutely sure fighting is our best option?" Chance says, this speech seems to imply its not, which Lupa agrees with. "Fighting is most defiantly not the best option. Seen as there are bears around. Did Star mentioning this not kick anything off in your minds, we have bigger problems than a stranger wolf. She's obviously been sent here by Koa as I can smell Koa's scent on her." she says with a more stern tone in her voice, the bear begins to come nearer to them. I look to Star, questioning whether we should go now or not.

Seen: Loup, Star, Stripe, Raelyn, Chance
Spoken to: Loup, Raelyn, Chance and sort of the others when directly talking to Chance, she says it to them all.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Stripe Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:04 am

As Lupa returns with the carcass, Stripe begins to become even more hungry. When she tells them to tuck in Stripe lunges at the carcass ripping the meat off quickly.
"Sorry I am starving!" he says before someone gets the chance to judge him. As Lupa follows Loup; Stripe becomes anxious for her wellbeing. He listens closely, "I didn't want to talk to Stripe as he mentioned my parents." Lupa says, Stripe now feels guilty for his actions so stops listening to make sure Lupa doesn't realise he was.
Stripe goes to lie down as he smells the scent of another wolf. It is a strange scent but he gets up to greet it but suddenly Star says "Bears." this sends Stripe into shock and he runs to Lupa but before he reaches her she has already sussed the bear. Stripe follows Lupa towards the new wolf, wondering what to do or say. "I'm Lupa and you are?" Lupa says as she reaches the wolf. She is obviously not planning on attacking the wolf but is ready for the wolf if it decides to attack her. As the other wolf who arrived who seems to be called Chance ask whether fighting is their best option Lupa replies quite correctly with, "Fighting is most defiantly not our best option." Stripe nods at this, careful not to push into her speech. Lupa's tone has become more stern and as she finishes I don't hesitate to add, "Lupa is correct, with bears around we have to deal with them first. The wolf has been sent by Koa seen as it's got her scent surrounding it." Stripe sniffs again and looks the wolf over, recognising that it is a female. "This wolf will have to either stick with us or leave. I think she will choose the first option, don't you? Now lets all work together to deal with this bear." Stripe now beginning to gain confidence speaks slightly quieter at the end, not knowing whether it was a stupid thing to say. Lupa will probably be able to help Star seen as she is a fighter and Star a caretaker.

[Welcome to the pack, Raelyn!]

Stripe

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:14 am

As Stripe begins to speak Lupa listens intently to what he has to say.
This wolf will have to either stick with us or leave. I think she will choose the first option, don't you? Now lets all work together to deal with this bear." she agrees with the first part but the second sounds cheesy. Lupa decided to not mention that but still says, "Correct, now I'm all in for fending off this bear. But I think Star should give us the go ahead since she located it." she then turns to stay, "Your orders, Star?" Lupa now sounds more intent with listening to Star and waits for her response.
The bear continues to come nearer and Lupa adds in quickly, "The bear is coming closer. We better act quickly. But no one is to go alone, this is Star's call." I shoot everyone a look letting them know I am watching them. As I wait for Star to reply I sniff the air constantly looking for the bears exact location...

Saw: Loup, Star, Stripe, Raelyn, Chance
Spoken too: Loup, Star, Stripe, Raelyn, Chance
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:21 am

Loup moved to stand with the other wolves. Consciously or unconsciously they had begun to form a tight knot around one another. First Chance and Raelyn, then Lupa and Stripe. Loup wanted to be close to the first four, but Star was still standing apart–dumbstruck by her discovery.
"Get over here!" Loup hissed at her, nipping the pale wolf's flank.

She was positioned awkwardly between the group and the lone, vulnerable form of Star. Chance was correct that fighting wasn't the greatest idea at the moment–she'd been startled into her initial reaction–but if a bear showed up Loup would have no choice but to fend it off long enough for Star to get to safety. The last thing Loup cared about was the carcass, but a fight might ensue if the bear wanted fresher meat. And if was more than one? Well, that would change everything. One bear would be hungry, two bears would be looking for trouble.

Lupa spoke up into the tense babble of words.
"Correct, now I'm all in for fending off this bear. But I think Star should give us the go ahead since she located it." Loup spared a grateful back at the other female. Now that was what she'd been talking about. Maybe they could make this work after all. That was, if they weren't eaten by bears first.

Loup lifted her muzzle and inhaled. The smells of deer blood and nervous wolf were almost overwhelming. She took a step away from them, still sniffing. The wind wasn't from a very helpful direction. Further away however, Loup could see the herd of deer were acting strangely. They were grouped up much like the wolves, all looking at a short section of shore. The she-wolf followed their gaze. A brownish clump, or was it clumps, moved with a lumbering purpose along the rocks.

"There." she growled.
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:31 am

[Oops I just realise what Chance was ACTUALLY talking about... I though she meant fighting Raelyn. I take back everything I just said...]

As Chance asks whether we must fight Lupa replies, "No, we do not need to. Unless the bear comes to close then we shall. Star has the decision anyway." She turns to the others as they come into a strangely shaped circle. "If this bear is looking for the carcass, then we better eat quickly and cross the river. Then we loose the chance of an attack. If Star complies this is the safest option. If the bear is actually looking to harm a wolf then we should carefully think it over. Remembering we have a tiger to deal with after." Lupa then lifts her head high, locating the bear again. "It is nearing. Star, it's your call. But crossing the river first though is what I recommend."
Suddenly, Loup says "There." Lupa whips her head around. A clump was inside the deer herd as far as she could see but the deer were beginning to become startled, Lupa realised what Loup meant. "Cross the river, it's the safest way, Star can decide after we have got to safer ground." Lupa turns to the others giving them a nod and stand next to Loup growling, she was not going to cross the river until they had all gone.
Her hair stands on end, making her look even larger than before, her muscles tense and teeth are bared. Lupa is ready for a fight, if necessary. "You staying with me or going with them? One they have crossed we can go across too if you want to stay with me. We'd make a good team." She says under her growl. Lupa begins to loosen her front legs, ready to leap forward if the order was given by Star. Lupa wonders whether Loup has doubts for Star's leadership so she re assures her. "It's Star's turn to lead, I'm sure yours will come. Humour her at least and listen to her even if you don't believe she is fit for a leader. I trust her. I gave her guidance. Your time will come Loup, you are strong I see it in you." Lupa is now trying to become friendly with Loup, whilst never letting down her guard one bit.

Saw: Loup, Star, Raelyn, Chance, Stripe
Spoken too: Loup [directly], everyone [indirectly]

[So sorry I got everything muddled up, please ignore the last like 2 posts I was completely confused...]
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Raelyn Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:27 pm

(It's alright... xD I still can't tell who's who right now, too many peeps!)

Raelyn cocked her head with interest as they all tensed up at the same time. She has not been quite listening to them when they were talking, since it seemed like they were in the middle of a argument. It was not until she sniffed the air that she realized what the problem was.

A bear! now she was listening in to what they were saying. They were quickly saying what they think they should do, while Raelyn stayed silent and was slowly walking in a circle, trying to decide what direction the bear was coming from.

"Hmm... alright." Raelyn agreed, though she wanted everyone to try and take the bear down. Ah well, she was not in her old pack anymore. "Name's Raelyn, by the way" she said off-handily as she started back away to the river again, her pelt still very wet. When her back paws was touching the water, she stopped and sat right down, a mischievous look on her face.
Raelyn
Raelyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:37 pm

"Hmm... Alright..." says the other wolf as she begins to walk off, "Names Raelyn by the way." the wolf says. Raelyn, eh. Now you're asking for trouble with your original sarcasm... she thinks to herself before perking up her ears.
As Raelyn begins to walk off Lupa huffs. She really wants to attack the bear but she didn't think the others wouldn't allow it. Her fighting instinct was telling her to go but the need to make friends told her not too. As Raelyn heads to the river Lupa hears only 5 touches of it. She knew she'd stopped.
Without looking at her she says, "Keep going Raelyn. I know you've stopped." Lupa begins to loose her patience with her, "Now!" she snaps before whipping her head around and shooting her an angry look. Lupa flips her head back around not allowing herself to loose sight of the bear. "All of you, go now. We will follow after." she says loosing her patience but still staying calm, not snapping but meerly enforcing her voice. Lupa looks to Loup before saying under her breath, "We need to stop the bear from getting to food." she then ponders before saying, "but this would anger it. What shall we do? Risk it and take the food or leave it to eat our kill?" Lupa is now hoping Loup would take the harder option, but she knows that it is unlikely.

[You'll get to learn them soon enough! xD]
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:47 pm

Things were beginning to get frantic. Loup could sense Lupa's urgency, and the new wolf–Raelyn–wasn't exactly exhibiting a practical sense of humor. Loup glanced over her shoulder and bared her teeth.
"Either stay and help, or go."

The lump of fur was still picking its way slowly towards them. Taking all the time in the world. she thought bitterly. Loup's instincts were the opposite of her friends. She wanted to run. They could always hunt for food, but facing off a bear could kill or injure a wolf who needed to deal with the tiger.
"We need to stop the bear from getting to food. But this would anger it. What shall we do? Risk it and take the food or leave it to eat our kill?" Lupa sounded livid.

In the distance, the deer spooked and started trotting away. They made a wide circle around the bear before taking to the river and swimming to safety. Their movement gave Loup an idea. She turned to Lupa.

"What if we do both? I can take a piece of meat down in its direction to distract it. While its coming after my food, you–since you're stronger–can drag the deer out of here. Then we'll have time to finish our meal in peace, or make a battle plan, before to catches up." Loup panted a little at the idea of tricking such a powerful animal. She bolted for the carcass, ripped out and mouthful of organs, and looked at her fellow wolves hopefully. Blood dripped down into her fur, and a small part of her mind wondered which would be more attractive to a hungry, irritated bear: a free snack, or a whole, warm wolf-meal. Guess I'll find out. she thought. They want to keep the carcass, so keep it we shall. Loup glowered at the bear, which was now close enough for her to see clearly.

[No worries Lupa, my one sentence about the bears was kind of hidden.
You'll figure it out Raelyn. You jumped right in the action so you're doing good.]
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:12 pm

Star had been shocked by the bear and only after being nipped by Loup, she was conscious again. She wasn't sure if she should go closer to the group like the others suggested or if she should help the one who was obviously taking her time to get here.

"What if we do both? I can take a piece of meat down in its direction to distract it. While its coming after my food, you–since you're stronger–can drag the deer out of here. Then we'll have time to finish our meal in peace, or make a battle plan, before to catches up."
Loup grabbed a some of the carcass' innards. Star got an idea.
"We could try to scare the bear. Bears are also quite solitary, so there's a big chance only one's in the area. If that doesn't work we could," she paused for a moment. All her instincts told her to run. But she'd been doing it all her life. What would the pack do. Loup said we'd have time to make a battle plan. So that meant attacking.
"If that doesn't work we'll attack."

She looked at the others, then decided to huddle close. The other wolf could take her time. And if a bear came, then she'd run over there.

[Sorry took so long to reply. NZ timezone]
Star
Star
INTERMEDIATE Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:41 pm

Lupa is happy the Loup has begun to get to her enthusiasm as she says, "I'll take a little bit of the carcass, then you take the rest over the river as you're stronger?" Lupa nods just before Loup bolts, as Loup grabs the meat Lupa heads towards the carcass. The bear turns to follow Loup and Lupa quickly grabs the carcass, dragging it across the river. Before turning to Star, "I'm worried for Loup. She may be attacked, I mean she's weighed down with the insides and that bears running after her. What shall we do? We need to make a plan now" Lupa thinks for a moment about a game plan, "Maybe, we could chase the bear down and try howling all out, to scare it... That's the less aggressive way, either that or use our brute strength put together and attack, I'll take the head if we do. I'm not afraid. You lot take the back and sides. I will not fail you." Lupa assures Star of her ideas, before waiting for her to respond. Lupa prefers the aggressive version, since its more likely to work...

Seen: Loup, Star, Raelyn, Stripe
Spoken to: Loup, Star

[Thanks, Loup for actually letting me know what was meant...]
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:28 pm

"Maybe, we could chase the bear down and try howling all out, to scare it... That's the less aggressive way, either that or use our brute strength put together and attack, I'll take the head if we do. I'm not afraid. You lot take the back and sides. I will not fail you." Star nodded taking in what Lupa had said.

Loup ran, Star just hoped she wouldn't get hurt. Was Lupa really sure Star should lead. She wasn't much of a leader. But she had to at least try.

"We should first try to scare the bear, then if that doesn't work we'll attack. Lupa, we'll go with your attack suggestion. Do the rest of you agree?"
She thought it was a good idea, but people have their own ideas too.
Star
Star
INTERMEDIATE Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:43 pm

Lupa nods in agreeance, Star has made a good decision. "Good decision. I comply." she says with a happy look. Lupa sniffs the air, the bear is nearing Loup. Her expression suddenly changes from happy to worried, "We must act quickly, the bear is closing in on Loup." she says sternly to the others, making sure her point comes across well. Lupa begins to edge forward, the bear getting further away every minute, "If you lot don't agree then say while we head towards it. The bear is gettinf further and further away, and we need to catch up swiftly, once everyone has said their opinion or just a few of you then we can begin." she says, assisting Star on leading them. Her voice tense and showing the importance of the situation.

Saw: Star, Raelyn, Stripe, Chance
Spoken too: All.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:52 pm

The bear smelled her coming and began to alter its course. Perhaps the scent of blood and her burdened gait made Loup look injured, but whatever the case the bear gazed at her with its beady black eyes. Its species didn't see very well, so a medium sized brown wolf could have resembled a fawn. Bears, not particularly adept hunters, did prey on young animals. Careful not to growl or make any canine sounds, Loup picked her way in a wide circle around the bear. She couldn't smell past the meat in her mouth, but her adversary's interest was clear. It took one, two, three, four lumbering steps in her direction. The female paused to readjust her grip on the organs. She was about to move on when, with a loud huff, the bear charged.

Loup whirled around bolted. Come on, chase me! she silently urged. Loup was not the fastest of wolves, but she had learned from a young age how to be surefooted. She often prided herself in prancing over difficult terrain or leaping across ruts. Now, that talent was the only thing keeping her ahead of the bear.

Wolf and bear paws scrambled over the rocks and water. Looking backwards was not an option, but Loup could hear the bear's determined panting. She alternated between sprinting and stalling, hoping to trick the bear into thinking she was on her last leg. The stones were being painted with deer blood. Her neck burned from carrying the bait. Without warning a rock beneath her twisted and Loup's momentum tossed her forward. Her paws were back under her in an instant, but her shocked gasp had let the meat fall out of her mouth. Loup spun to retrieve it and was greeted with the swipe of a massive paw. She yelped and ducked, looking for a way around, but her prize had already been devoured. Worse, the bear still seemed hungry. So much for her trick. The bear didn't seem to want to chase her anymore, so any further distractions would occur right here.

All she could do was hope the others had gotten the carcass out of there. She could only buy them a few more seconds. The she-wolf braced herself, a snarl carved on her face.
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:30 pm

Lupa hears a snarl and yelp, "We have to go, now! Loup's in danger!" Lupa bolts after them, chasing down the bear following the nasty scent. It seems to be nearby. She dives over rocks and over rivers. Before reaching the bear, she circles around it, growling loudly hoping to distract it from the already injured Loup, "I'm going to attack, either run or get its hind quaters." she says quickly before diving at the bears face. The bear was certainly strong but Lupa managed to knock it over. She snapped her jaws shut on its mouth, trying to stop it from squirming, giving Loup time to escape.
Lupa shoots her a look telling her to leave, with the others and finish the meat without her. Lupa could only hold on for so long...

The bear began to push against her jaw but Lupa pushed her hardest, her strength helping her out. After a few minutes the bear frees itself as her jaw ached so much. Now the two were face to face, nose to nose, eye to eye. The beat lifted its paw to swipe at her but she swiftly leaped out the way. Lupa had one chance to howl to the others, the only way was a tree situated just behind the bear. Lupa needed to get the other wolves to join her once the carcass was gone or even if they want to come now. She needed backup. Lupa tries her best to run around it but it quickly blocks off my exits. Lupa now uses her cunning mind to trick the bear.

Lupa leaps onto its back, using it to leap onto the tree. She jumps up to the higher branches, to thin for a bear to stand on. Lupa let's out the howl, but it only lasts a few seconds before juddering as the bear sways the tree back and forth. Her mouth is now not aching so she decides to leap down, landing quietly and softly on the floor. The bear turns back around slightly and Lupa launches at its side, pinning it to the ground...

Suddenly the bear swipes at her, knocking her down. Lupa is pinned down by the bear but kicks it in the stomach, once again standing face to face with the bear.

[This is long winded! Just like join me to fight it or we can like howl at it but if got Loup safe y'know!]
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:05 pm

"We have to go now! Loup's in danger!"
Star looked at Loup, who right now had lost the bait and was about to become the bear's next meal. Lupa ran after the bear, before it could get to Loup, Lupa had landed on its head.

Star dashed, this time into battle instead of out like she usually did. As sure footed as always she gracefully jumped from boulder to boulder and ran.

By the time she got there Lupa was standing with it face to face. Star knew not Lupa, not even Loup could go against this beast. They had to do this as a pack.

Star ran behind the bear and leaped on its back.She sank in her teeth trying to get a grip, so she wouldn't be thrown of as easily. Yes it wasn't a very useful attack, but at least it would distract the bear long enough for Loup, Lupa and the rest of the pack to get here.
Star
Star
INTERMEDIATE Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:53 pm

Star's bravery made Lupa happy.

Lupa grabs its neck, sinking her fangs into its neck, blood seeps out and the bear looses energy. It begins to toppel over, "Help me gets its windpipe. I didn't want to do this but its the only safe way, I got its vein but I don't want it to go in pain, get the windpipe and help me snap it." she says sternly before returning her grip, twisting the windpipe trying her best. The thrill before now was amazing and Lupa wanted to continue but she couldn't go on forever. Not even her strenght was a match for a bear, it'd last a while but eventually she'd lose, with Star's help though the tables turned. CRACK! Lupa had done it. She snapped the windpipe. "It was for the best." she says sadly before walking off slowly, head drooped down. She loved the thrill but the bear nearly harmed a pack mate and this she was not pleased about, You could've got there faster she thought to herself, she then speaks to Star as they walk back, "If only we had more warning about there near, eh?" she said with a slight chuckle, "You're brave when you try, aren't you?" she says with a smile, now starting to perk up. Lupa couldn't of got there quicker, there not any point in getting sad now. Lupa then returns to the river where they all were and sits infront of the rest of the pack, blood dripping down her black fur, she had a wound on her chest...

[I'm going to say there fire starts while we all sleep and I'm on night watch, okay?]
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Chance Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:45 pm

{ you guys post so fast! }

Chance's head was spinning. It was mainly just Lupa doing all the decision making, seeing that Loup's suggestion and noble sacrifice was going without cause because everyone was just standing around. "Well I guess I'll take care of the carcass." Chance said with slight irritation, but as he sunk his teeth into the meatiest portion of the deer and began to drag it, his irritations subdued. Chance was actually doing a much better job than he initially thought, and he was making pretty decent progress on his own. The Sentry kept his ears alert though, continuing to listen to the planning and noises that was happening around him.

Just as he managed to drag the carcass further off towards the direction they came, he heard Lupa's cry. "Oh no." He breathed, immediately bolting off in their direction. His paws thundered across the ground, his muscles contracting as he pushed himself to run faster than he had ever before. Upon reaching the bear, Chance's paws skidded into soil beneath him. The bear was huge, and growing more and more irritated by the second. Lupe. He shook his head, clearing his head and bringing his attention back to what was most important. He spotted the Hunter bracing herself, and he dashed to her side. His eyes quickly scanned her frame. She was panting and appeared bewildered, but for the most part she was not injured. He gave her a quick nod before turning back to the bear.

Lupa and Star were already attacking the bear, and it appeared that they were taking it down. The bear seemed helpless, and he could tell that the bear was just growing more and more anxious, especially since he had arrived- for as far as the bear knew, there could be more wolves coming. Chance took this opportunity to attack, and he launched himself at the bear's underbelly. Since Star was on the bear's back, the bear reared back, exposing its most delicate area. Chance sunk his fangs into the bear's stomach, biting down as hard as he could. He knew this attack was dangerous, but there wasn't time to lose. The bear contorted from his painful bite, and Chance ripped himself from the bear's stomach - but not quite quick enough.

The bear swiped it's large paw at Chance, managing to scrape his left hip and disorientate his launch. Chance skidded across the ground, he bared his teeth in pain as dirt and rocks scraped across his wound in his slide. With a deep, chesty and unsettling snarl, he staggered back to his paws.
Chance
Chance
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:57 pm

[Just adding in here I actually already moved the carcass, I'm also slightly confused since I already killed the bear but yeah lets just like say you did that BEFORE I killed it. Then we can walk back to the den now, yeah?]

As Lupa begun to head back to the den with blood drizzling down her fur from killing the bear and her wound she walks to Chance, "Are you okay?" the large female says with worry, "You didn't need to do that, you risked injury." So did you, you attacked the MOUTH I think to myself as I say it, "Uh, it was brave. Sorry I know I also did the same... Sorry... Yeah so come back to the river and I'll sort out your wound." she says, now slightly confused with herself. Lupa nudges his underbelly to try and push him up to his feet. "Take it easy, okay." she says before continuing to push him along. Her loving and nurturing side was now showing, her worry for the packs well-being was also beginning to grow. "You can rest once we get there, I'll look your wound over." Lupa says to Chance kindly.

Last edited by Lupa on Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:03 pm

Loup had been expecting reinforcement, but not nearly so quickly or effectively. The bear had been entirely focused on her and, after the initial attack, seemed reluctant to commit to a fight. Apparently it was tired from the chase and just wanted to be left alone. Loup may or may not have been able to get out of there safely–depending on how long it took the bear to get its wind back–but before she could decide a dark streak bowled straight into the bear. Lupa's bravery was undeniable as, a few heartbeats later, was Star's and Chance's. Once they arrived Loup did her best to help, but she was not a spontaneous kind of wolf and their blur of action confused her to the point that Loup was able to inflict little more than nips. Then, with a great crash, the bear was down.

Loup shook out her fur. She hadn't been pushed hard physically, but her heart was still pounding. She looked at the other two wolves in shock.

"Thank you," she blurted out. Loup meant it, of course, but her head was reeling too badly for a more eloquent delivery.

The brown she-wolf stepped over to her companions. Shyly, she touched them each on the shoulder with her nose. She also lingered a moment to inspect Chance's wound; it didn't seem bad, but the fact he had gotten hurt at all humbled her. What they had shown was true loyalty and teamwork. While the stubborn part of her argued that she hadn't need their help–and, depending on the bear, that might have been true–their actions were still immensely appreciated. Rarely was the withdrawn she-wolf shown such kindness. Maybe she had a place here after all.

"Thank you." she said again, feeling more steady. Her legs, which had been shaking so badly Loup had been amazed she could stand, started to bear her weight more effectively. Picking her way slowly, distractedly, along the shore Loup followed Lupa back to the place they had begun this. She took her time to allow Chance and Star to keep up, sparing them a separate, grateful glance. She was cold; partly from shock and partly from the chill of an approaching thunderstorm. They were barely halfway to the bay and had already faced a major fight. Loup hoped that would be all their excitement until they met the tiger.

[Go ahead Lupa. Hope you don't mind I took the liberty of introducing your source for the fire...]
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Chance Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:23 pm

{ Oh wow your post about killing the bear happened right before mine! I didn't see that, whoops! Also, I tried to read really fast so I could catch up, so I'm also sorry about missing Lupa dragging the carcass. x'D }

Chance cringed at the sound of the snapping windpipe, it sent a chill down his spine. However, what needed to be done was done.. and that he could be thankful for. As Lupa came up beside him, he flinched away from her, his ears flattening against his head. His nose crinkled in annoyance at her words, the wolf was just trying to be kind but Chance did not need the extra attention. "I'm fine Lupa, really. I'm a Sentry, it's my job." He wasn't going to lie, his wound was stinging and dark crimson, dirt mixed blood stained and clumped his fur. Just a simple washing would do the trick. "You don't have to worry yourself about that either," he began on her notion of cleaning his wound, "Star's the caretaker here, she'll take a look at it. But really I'm sure it only needs a washing." He said with a small smile. "Thank you, anyways. You need to get your chest looked at as well." He touched his nose to her shoulder before looking over at Star. "What do you think Caretaker?"
Chance
Chance
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:03 pm

{It's fine, Chance!}

Lupa nods at Loup's appreciation. As Chance touches her shoulder she says, "I'm fine, its just a scratch. Yours is more serious." Lupa hopes that Chance will allow her wound to be looked at. It's quite deep wound, "It needs washing out, clean water will do. For both of us. Star as a caretaker can do it for you." Lupa turns back to Loup
Lupa is beginning to like Loup more and more, "Nice to see you fighting, great bravery under that little shell,eh." she says kindly. Wanting her to feel welcome. The thunder rolling over them was a worrying sign. Lupa knew this left the possibility of a fire, but this was small seen as they were by a river with very few trees.
"All if you sleep, you've had busy days. I'll keep nightwatch. No disagreements its final. PleASE, sleep a little away from the trees." she says sternly but keeps a calm tone at the same time. Her chest has stopped bleeding so much now but her jaw aches slightly from her wrestling with the bear.

[Its fine Loup! Its a team effort really to kick start the event. But I'll wake everyone up as it starts, so everyone make sure you sleep and I awaken you.]
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:45 pm

Without warning the bear reared up into the air and threw me off. Only then I noticed Chance was here. Before I could get back up the bear was down. It was a painless death from Lupa, who had snapped its windpipe.

"If only we had more warning about there near, eh? You're brave when you try, aren't you?" I smiled and nodded, still partially winded.

"Star's the caretaker here, she'll take a look at it. But really I'm sure it only needs a washing."
I remembered my role as a caretaker and rushed over to look at their wounds.
"Yes, probably just needs a wash we'll do that by the river." Loup seemed fine it was only Lupa and Chance.

Star walked into the shallows waiting for Chance and Lupa.
Star
Star
INTERMEDIATE Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum