DEPTHS OF SIKHOTE-ALIN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SECRETS OF KIYEVKA BAY

+7
Star
Pavor
Stripe
Chance
Loup
Ember
Koa
11 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

SECRETS OF KIYEVKA BAY - Page 3 Empty Re: SECRETS OF KIYEVKA BAY

Post  Loup Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:36 am

The brown female parted her jaws in a weary pant. The sun was fully up and it had replaced the chill of night with a growing heat. Light sparkled off the water and blinded her whenever she looked in that direction. The gray wolf, Braxton, was walking an erratic path around the group. The endless drone of his movement was somewhat bothersome, but Loup didn't blame the male. She briefly returned his thin smile, thankful for the support, but she didn't feel like she was much better than the rest of the arguers. She was just as eager to go as Lupa, just as frustrated as Chance, and just as vulnerable as white-furred Ghost.

What if the dogs ignore her and follow my trail? What if I sent Star and Stripe to their deaths with the tiger? What if the plan fails? She closed her mouth, then reopened it. Loup wanted to say something, but the abstract emotions in her mind refused to solidify themselves into words.

"Ghost should go now. They're getting closer." Lupa said. Loup grunted in agreement.

"Yes. Whenever you're ready Ghost." Loup glanced at the black female standing before her and wondered if she would be able to tolerate someone else having the spotlight for a few minutes. "Lupa," the brown female said, placing a paw on the other wolf's shoulder. "If we let you lead please be reasonable about it. Don't rush things. Let Ghost give the dogs a good long run to get them tired, then attack. The more we trust each other the more effective this plan will be, okay?"

Those weren't the words Loup had wanted to say earlier, but perhaps these were more relevant. She pushed against Lupa a little more firmly to emphasize her point, then moved away. Loup wanted to like the black female, but sometimes she was just too unpredictable. Hopefully this time that would change. Loup blinked kindly at Lupa. She exchanged a here we go look with Braxton, then trotted up between her fellow attackers and turned her attention to Ghost. In the distance the sound of dogs barking was clearly audible.
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:09 pm

"Yes. Whenever you're ready, Ghost." the brown female said, Lupa nodded to Ghost, wishing the Albino luck. Then Loup spoke again, "Lupa," she said before touching the black female shoulder. Lupa did not like to be touched much, but tensed instead, "If we let you lead please be reasonable about it. Don't rush things. Let Ghost give the dogs a good long run to get them tired, then attack. The more we trust each other the more effective this plan will be, okay?" the brown female continued. Lupa nodded to her before saying, "Fine by me. I suggest we follow a distance behind, so to not loose them? Then if Ghost begins to possibly slow or get ambushed we can help?" Lupa wondering whether her suggestion would be accepted, but this had always worked for her. Loup suddenly jabbed harder into Lupa's muscle and the she-wolf flinched a little.

Lupa circled the group then returned her stance to the right and slightly forward to the group, then looked back at Ghost giving her an apologetic look. After all, Lupa knew apology was not a sign of weakness but a sign that her friendship was more important.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Braxton Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:45 pm

Braxton glanced around, taking note of the formation and deciding to bring up the back. His orbs settled on the decoy wolf, the intensity in his gaze the only sign of his stress in this moment. Dogs were inferior, of course, but there was always a chance that something could go wrong and someone could get injured. He ruffled his dense, wiry gray fur, shuffling on his paws and letting out a sigh as he waited for them to move off. His heart beat in his chest, and his muscles involuntarily bunched and unbunched as he shifted from paw to paw; his breath had quickened with the excitement and nervousness of what they were about to do.

Braxton
Braxton
GREEN Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:59 am

[I know this is irrelevant to us but Stripe's internet is down so making a post will only happen when he sees me.]
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghost Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:25 am

SECRETS OF KIYEVKA BAY - Page 3 2vaebu0
"I agree with the plan. Ghost gets their attention and leads them on a chase."

And with that, Ghost loped off in search of the dogs. Once she was far enough from the group she found the dogs' scent and followed it. When she was close enough she started making noise: stepping on twigs and leaves, growling and stomping purposefully. Soon she heard barks and she saw the dogs heading towards her. 'Good' she thought, 'Now I've just got to keep them busy for a while until the others make their move.' She turned and dashed off, leading the dogs a little farther away from the others, she didn't want them noticing the pack before they were ready. Ghost lead the dogs on a merry chase around the bay, slowing down every now and then to let the dogs get close before dashing forward again. After a good, long chase she gave a short howl as she moved, letting the others know she was ready when they were.

(( Sorry, that could have been better ... a lot better. ;_; ))

Last edited by Ghost on Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ghost
Ghost
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:57 pm

As Ghost darted off Lupa nodded to the albino before saying "Once we hear the howl, she is ready. Then we go." and slowly stalking around about 300 metres behind Ghost. Suddenly, there were barks and with that the albino dashed off and Lupa turned her head with a nod as if to say It's all going well.
As Ghost gave them a merry run Lupa said to the others, "Are you ready? We should attack from all angles, surrounding them as best we can. I'll go head on, with any other skilled fighter. The less experienced fighters should go to the rear and the quite experienced to the sides. Front moving in first then the rear and lastly the sides to finish them off." if there was one thing that Lupa knew about it was attack strategies, if this went to plan then the head on wolves would begin to attack whilst the back ones trap them from running, finally the side ones launch in; leaving no gaps and no escape. Although there was one problem, Pavor. She was a Caretaker. "Pavor, would you like to help attack or be ready straight away to heal any wounds? I do not mind." Lupa asked with a smile.

[We can get to the howl later I guess seen as we have not got a plan yet.]
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavor Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:51 pm

Pavor's head moved back and forth, from wolf to wolf as they battled it out, arguing, taking charge, you name it, they did it. Her dark amber eyes, however, flicked up in surprise as Ghost was chosen to run and Lupa was decided to take the lead. 'Well at least they came to a decision.' She thought moodily, she was ready to get this show on the road. She did not plan on Lupa directly addressing her, but in a way, she was glad she did. "I'll stay to the sidelines. I prefer to avoid.... Fighting." Pavor said gratefully and nodded to the rest of the wolves as she moved to some brush away from the scent of the tiger and definitely the dogs. She didn't like fighting because fights tore people apart. Fast. And she swore at a young age she would avoid a fight at all costs.
Pavor
Pavor
GREEN Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:36 pm

Lupa watched Pavor with a gentle expression, Pavor seem to not really know what was going on but that was just what the black wolf thought. "I'll stay to the sidelines. I prefer to avoid..... " Pavor said with a pause, " Fighting." she finished. Lupa nodded respectively to her decision before adding, "Of course. As you wish."
Her face then turned to the others, "So who wants to fight from where? We don't have long, so be quick to decide!"
Her expression was anxious as the dogs seemed to close in on Ghost, but the Albino pulled away quickly. She must've been trying to trick them. Ghost knew what she was doing and Lupa knew she'd stay safe, now the weight was on them to hurry, would they get to Ghost in time? Would they ever make a decision? If they didn't Lupa would just assign them a role, based on what she had seen so far.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:11 pm

The dogs sounded like monsters: howling, yelping, snarling, barking, panting and generally gibbering with bloodlust. Loup could see them stretched out to their full lengths, sprinting after Ghost. For her part the white female looked totally relaxed as she cruised over the ground. She was in utter control of the dogs and they didn't even realized it. Loup grinned at their ignorance and trotted in a wide circle around the others, wanting to be limber when the time to fight came.

Abruptly she heard her pack-mates.

"I'll go head on, with any other skilled fighter. The less experienced fighters should go to the rear and the quite experienced to the sides. Front moving in first then the rear and lastly the sides to finish them off." Lupa was saying. Good strategy, Loup thought, but they'd have to decide in a hurry. Pavor was first to answer.
"I'll stay to the sidelines. I prefer to avoid.... Fighting." Fair enough, Loup supposed. It would be good to still have someone in good shape after the fighting. She was sure they'd need the caretaker's help.

Lupa was now addressing the others. Loup hesitated, unsure of where she should go. She wasn't a trained fighter, but she was tough and strong. Could she make up for her lack of ability with shear determination? In the past it had worked, but the brown she-wolf didn't want to endanger others by taking a job she wasn't capable of.

"I'll stay toward the rear and help on the sides if need be." her pride stung. Loup wanted to be up front with all the glory, but it just wasn't practical. She could never do any high-profile job right, so better to just sulk in the shadows like she always did. Lie down and let life run her over. Loup tightened her jaw. Think sense. she chastised herself.

The endless cycle of disappointment, ambition, and crushing logic might have continued it hadn't been for Ghost's sudden howl. It was faint and sounded a little out of breath, but the white wolf was still holding her own. Loup watched her nervously. They didn't have much time. Come on guys, she thought. Her paws ached from standing still.

[Went ahead and introduced the howl. If nobody kicks in soon I guess we can just start running after the dogs and keep the fight going until at least one or two other people show up.]
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:05 pm

As the brown female spoke she seemed unsure, "I'll stay toward the rear and help on the sides if need be."
Lupa nodded to her, "If you're sure." she added, the black female thought Loup was more skilled as to go to the sides. It was Loup's choice, Lupa knew she could force her to do nothing.

A suddern howl was let loose, Ghost. she thought. Lupa opened her mouth and spoke quickly, "Let's go, I'd say Chance at the front with me. The rest of you spread yourselves out at the sides and rear, go now!" and without another word Lupa shot a look at Chance and lept off towards the howls source. This would be head on the dogs that were acting ridiculously silly, being controlled.

As Lupa approached she sniffed locating the dogs, turned out they were moving forward still so Lupa caught up with Ghost as quick as possible. "Are you a skilled fighter? If so come up front and turn around with me and Chance to fight them head on. We have a plan. If not let us go in first then join us once the ones at the rear come." Lupa asked whilst running, slight pauses between each sentence to sniff the air.

Suddenly, Lupa turned around and snarled at the running dogs, they seemed tiny compared to herself....

[Loup, its probably about time we added it. I'm not sure if we would be able to take the dogs out, depending on numbers because there are only 3 of us, or even just me and you active at the moment.]
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenrir Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:41 am

((Just to let you know, Fenrir will come to kick some butts. He counts as 2^^))
Fenrir
Fenrir
GREEN Sentry

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:47 am

(( So will you be joining us here? If so, you're a strong fighter right? Yes - come to front, no - go to sides. ))
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghost Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:27 am

SECRETS OF KIYEVKA BAY - Page 3 2vaebu0
Ghost kept her pace steady as she waited for the rest of the pack to mobilize. She kept enough distance between herself and the dogs to be safe but not enough for the dogs to lose sight of her. If the dogs hadn't been there she might have enjoyed this little run. With a glance over her shoulder, Ghost nearly scoffed at the dogs. 'What pathetic mutts,' she thought harshly as she watched them bound after her, clueless. They were loud and reckless and had none of the grace that she and her fellow wolves had. With a shake of her head she turned forward again to keep her attention on where she was going.

"Are you a skilled fighter? If so come up front and turn around with me and Chance to fight them head on. We have a plan. If not let us go in first then join us once the ones at the rear come."

One moment Ghost was running along and the next Lupa was beside her questioning her fighting skills. An anger so fierce erupted inside her she nearly lunged at the black female. She just managed to contain the violent action as Lupa stopped and spun around to face the dogs. Ghost was trying so hard not to maul the female before her that the words slipped out before she could stop them, "You were supposed to ambush them! Not run out and reveal yourself!" Her voice was shaking with anger; this was all information they needed to figure out before thay executed a plan, not in the middle of it. One wolf wasn't enough to raise the dogs' suspicions but a second one showing up out of nowhere? Sure enough the dogs' voices changed and Ghost turned to face them. What was once a spirited attack directed at Ghost was now full of uncertainty. The dogs slowed and their ferocious barks turned to whines and yips of surprise as they looked around in search of more wolves. The damage was done - the dogs were now on guard.

Last edited by Ghost on Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ghost
Ghost
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:24 am

((Ghost, I was still in the bushes alongside you. Sorry I didn't specify ))
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghost Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:15 am

(( I never said she stopped and hid. She was still leading the dogs around. Besides, snarling at the dogs would have given you away anyway. ))

Last edited by Ghost on Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ghost
Ghost
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:01 pm

(( I mean Lupa was running alongside Ghost through bushes so not to be seen. Then when she turned and snarled that was supposed to mean she attacked so to leave time for others to join in, and I'm not going to be active enough today to make a post. So the snarl is her leaping forth once everyone else is here. Sorry I worded everything terribly in that other post. ))
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenrir Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:16 pm

It was about time that the beast arrived at the bay, the pack seemed to be near. Fenrir kept going slowly, looking out in all directions, trying to find a scent. After a while, he caught more than just one scent, it was the pack that Alastor was talking about but... something didnt seem right, there was another scent and Fenrir knew that one really well.

Dogs... pathetic animals that have no idea what they are doing, Fenrir actually got attacked by a whole group of dogs once, they were send off by a human hunter to end the beast but everything that Fenrir left behind were death and blood. In Fenrir's eyes, dogs are the best friends of a human and are therefor an enemy to him, he hates them and would kill one as soon as he saw them.

Since he had nothing to do and the last hunt was a bit boring, Fenrir decided to go have some fun and started running towards the dogs that he didnt see yet. He doesnt know how many there are but he doesnt really care about that, aslong as he can kill something. He didnt care about the pack anymore right now, he just wanted to have some fun now. As the beast charged through a bush, he saw a pure white female with eyes that he never saw before, a really unique wolf in his eyes. Right behind her a bunch of dogs who were... chasing her? A deep and loud growl escaped the beast's maw and from one time to another, he charged at the group of dogs, passing the white female. Two of them immediatly stopped when they saw that giant wolf charging at them, they didnt run away though. The rest of them kept running but Fenrir didnt back off, one of the dogs was coming directly towards the beast and wasnt stopping. Fenrir used his massive weight and muscled body to just "overrun" the first dog when ramming it with his body, the dog just fell to the ground. This one probably didnt get hurt that bad but he was out of the fight for the next few seconds. From that on, Fenrir simply kept charging towards the next dog without loosing any speed. He didnt notice another dog from the side though that bit him in the left leg, that was the point when the beast started the real fight, a fight is no fight if there isnt blood on both sides. That bit from the dog barely did anything to Fenrir but it was bleeding a bit, a grin appeared on the beast's face, "My turn..." he growled loud and bit the dog's leg, returning the favor. This time it looks like Fenrir would rip his leg off, he literally dragged that poor dog around and kept biting his body. The beast didnt want to end it that fast, the dog challenged him and so it will be, Fenrir ripped pieces of flesh out of his body, rammed his giant body against the dog to break his bones and make him bleed out from the inside, he just couldnt stop hurting that dog, it was in his blood to let his opponents die in pain. He kept doing it until the dog didnt make one sound anymore, there was no fun in fighting a corpse, he turned his gaze to the other dogs, his wrathful bloodshot red eyes watching them and blood dropping down his muzzle, that monster was in his element now, this is where he belongs. The dogs stopped and just watched how their friend got teared apart just out of pure fear, they pulled themselves together though and kept attacking, there were still alot of them left but the beast was ready for more, a grin and a shout was the last thing that they would see and hear from the beast, "BRING IT!"
Fenrir
Fenrir
GREEN Sentry

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:48 pm

As a huge male wolf barged in Lupa began to get angered, she had a game plan and he destroyed it. No matter who or what the wolf wanted or was doing he was helping them. Lupa looked at the Ghost then took off towards the dogs, knocking one over right infront of the beast's fight. She stared down at the dog smirking, with a quick whisper she spoke, "See ya." before letting the dog get up. Lupa then nodded to the wolves from behind and the sides before once more wrestling the dog down, she ripped at its chest with her teeth, tearing the flesh but of course she got an injury. It managed to reopen part of her wound but she pushed on. Eventually she managed to get the dog on its back, squirming trying to escape. She opened her maw and snapped it closed around its neck. CRACK! Another dog down.

She heard the large brute bashing the others around before he seemed to yell, "BRING IT." Lupa was not going to let a stranger take over to took to his side, ready for the dogs. They were of course, no match for a pack of wolves.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:07 pm

[Okay let's compromise. I know I'm a bit late, but how about Lupa was running through the bushes and was not seen by the dogs until she snarled, revealing herself before the rest of the pack could catch up and putting the dogs on guard. Does that work for everybody? That way no one has to do any excessive editing. Tell me if anything is a big issue, but let's try to move on.]
[Welcome Fen!]

Lupa took off as though propelled from a catapult, her body dissolving into a dark blur as she shot after her packmate's distant figure. Standing beside her, Loup would have sworn she had felt her fur ruffle with the breeze of the black wolf's departure. What is it with her? Loup wondered. The tone of her thoughts was rough but her true emotions erred on the side of affection. The aloof brown wolf was beginning to develop a soft spot for the quirks of her companions. She wasn't sure if this was a good thing–if it would turn into frustration or make her weak–but she dearly hoped that someday, her fondness would be returned.

However, even as she thought this, Loup felt her warm feeling vanish. Lupa had been hiding in the bushes in an attempt to talk to Ghost, but now the big female had shown herself to the dogs. The ignorant mutts weren't as clueless as they seemed because they hesitated and looked around for the rest of the wolves. Their concerns were validated when a huge figure came bursting from the brush behind them. The dogs were overtaken in a heartbeat and, between the attacks of the new wolf and Lupa, their attempts to fight were pathetic.

Loup glanced at her packmates. With a smirk that said here we go she took off toward the dogs. She thought she could hear the pawsteps of the others behind and around her, but she wasn't sure. Too late to focus on that she told herself. Better to focus on eliminating the last obstacle between her and the completion of the mission.

The dogs had already divided themselves, showing weakness a pack of wolves never would have. However, their combined numbers and separation were allowing them to fight on multiple fronts–something that could not be had. One group was still entirely fixated on Ghost. Another–the largest–was attacking Lupa and the newcomer. The third was a small knot canines who were discreetly slipping away form the action. Loup didn't know if they were afraid or planning an ambush, but she didn't dare risk either. Even going back was bad if they returned to the humans bloodied from wolf-teeth. The dogs would hold a grudge and, worse, know exactly where the wolves were. Loup slowed from a sprint to a trot, her head up and her senses honed on the four deserters. They hadn't seen her yet. Good. The brown wolf broke back into a run and carried herself in a wide arc around the action. One of Ghost's followers growled at her, but no dog had the courage to come for her. Completing her turn, Loup came up behind her quarry.

Her spine tingled in anticipation of the fight. Got to time it perfectly the lean wolf reminded herself as she neared the dogs. If she hit them too soon one might be able to escape, but if she waited too long they would be away from the rest of the pack and the "safety" she wanted the dogs to seek. Urging a little more speed out of her body Loup ran right into their midst. For an entire second, the dogs didn't realize what she was. That might have lasted even longer had she not sunk inch-long fangs into the meaty haunch of their leader. You're not going anywhere, pal. Nobody messes with my pack.
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:28 pm

[Sounds good]

As Lupa stood herself next to the large male she saw a brown blur go around to the third party dogs. She thought it must be Loup, she would check but she had a group of dogs infront of her. Oh you want more? I'll give it to you, you pathetic mutts. She thought to herself, these dogs were still no match for the whole pack, after all nobody hurts her pack mates.

Lupa lunged for what seemed like the 'leader' of the dogs infront of her, toppling over and over. The dog let out a yelp, Lupa didn't know why but she carried on fighting. The dog attempted various ways of attacking her but few managed to penetrate, her anger now growing. A sudden blow to the chest knocked her down as the dog lunged. Whislt she lay there the dog pulled at her legs, ripping a medium size chuck of flesh off. Lupa snapped her head around and the dog backed off, giving her a moment to catch her breath. Lupa rose from her feet, pushing on through the pain. There was one thing Lupa knew about every pack of dogs, some are strong, some are weak. You've just got to pick the right ones. Strong first, weak last. She had a pretty strong guy here, although the dog seemed to have a injury beforehand - though she dealt with this one quickly. She clamped her strong jaw around the dog's neck, crushing its windpipe. Blood seeped out of the neck but the dog kept on fighting whilst it wheezed. It scratched at her before trying to get up. The dog once again grabbed Lupa but this time by her neck, though it was not flesh it grabbed, it was fur. The dog had Lupa in an unescapable hold. The black female held her ground, struggling to not lower her body. The dog eventually let go with a whine, probably due to the neck wound. She took the opportunity and raised herself before charging the dog, slamming into it and holding there. The dog wheezed and wheezed, its heartbeat could be felt on Lupa's own chest - but suddenly it stopped, the large dog was dead. Once she took down the dog she lowered her guard a stupid idea, she turned her head licking the wound before looking back up to head off. She realised it wasn't actually that much flesh and walked with a limb before...

The angered female felt a sudden pressure against her chest, an impact. A dog had dived for her as she had turned from the dead one, before she could fall the black female braced herself, stopping her from falling all together until she realised it was more a tree stopping her than herself. Lupa whipped her head around to the dog nipping at its ear - the only thing she could reach. She managed to grab it enough to pull it back, tearing some off, the dog yelped and jumped back. They were face to face, both ready. The black female beared her teeth and raised her hackles, her eyes staring into the dog's, she slowly walked forward backing the dog towards the carcass of the other. Ready, ready she was.

(( I added in a little more ))

Last edited by Lupa on Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:36 pm

[Lupa, please watch how you roleplay; killing a "strong" dog with one blow would be unlikely. If you describe it as strong, I'd think it would pose a challenge to your character.]
Koa
Koa
The Last Ancient

https://wolvesofsikhotealin.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:55 pm

[I wanted to add more but I didn't know it was allowed. I'll edit now.]
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:39 pm

[Lupa (and everyone else) if you ever have any doubts about what is/is not allowed please PM me or Chance. That is what we are here for. Smile Between the two of us I doubt you'd have to wait very long for an answer so your post wouldn't be delayed too much. It is always better to be safe than sorry–I'm happy to answer whatever questions might come up.]

Dog and wolf went tumbling to the ground. Loup tightened her grip on the dog's leg and gave it a brutal shake, hoping to pop the joint and cripple her quarry. The dog sank its teeth into her scruff and returned the thrashing. Their paws tangled as both tried to stand and their bodies slammed together with powerful struggles. Loup could feel the hot breath of the dog-pack around her, their excited barks mingling with the snarls of the fight. So far they hadn't joined in, but Loup couldn't leave herself in such a vulnerable position for long. Releasing her bite she twisted in the scruff-grip of the dog, the skin on her neck tearing with the movement. A moment later she was rewarded with the feel of a boney elbow in her mouth. The dog cried out in pain as the wolf's jaws–built to devour the strong bodies of deer–made quick work of its limb.  Blood vessels severed and muscles shredded. Cartilage was scored with huge, grinding teeth. Desperate to escape to attack, the dog let go of Loup's scruff and attempted to bite her throat; to no avail. Unable to stand, the dog was now at the mercy of a wild animal. Loup seized it by the side of the head at ripped at the tender flesh. Blinded with its own blood, the dog didn't even see her coming in for the death blow. Fortunately, it didn't need to.

Two new dogs dove into the quarrel. The first–a lithe blue-gray female–wrapped her paws around Loup's shoulders and sent the wolf staggering. The second was a young male who lashed at his opponent's face and scored a bloody line beneath her eye. For the first time in the fight Loup felt afraid, ganged up on by animals who were supposed to be her inferiors. She was alone and they were working together. The female dog was an adult who obviously had plenty of experience taking down dangerous prey and the male, while young, was bigger and heavier than Loup. They were fresh; she was disoriented from the first attack. The brown wolf slithered out from under the female dog and turned her face them, head low to guard her throat. Her yellow eyes locked with their brown ones. Both parties bared their teeth.

Loup attacked first, mostly because she hoped she might be able to guide the fight in the direction she wanted. Unfortunately, that was not true. She tried to go for the male in hopes of scaring him off with one nasty bite, but the female simple blocked Loup's way and landed a painful nip on her ears. Before the she-wolf could change her momentum, the dogs tripped her up with their bodies. She landed on her right shoulder–hard. Stifling a yelp, Loup made a parrying snap to protect her throat from the male dog and, distracted, she didn't get up fast enough to prevent the other dog from sinking its teeth into her back. Red lights flashed in her vision. For a second she was their plaything; rendered helpless by the crushing pain in her spine. It felt like every nerve in her body was being sawed at with a pair of dull scissors. The wolf gave an agonized, howling scream. It was rare for her to vocalize pain, but this instance was worthy of an exception. Blood sheeted down her sides. Much longer and she would be a cripple, destined to drag her useless rear legs until she died of starvation. Loup's peripheral vision was gone–nothing but a dimensionless pit. The male dog was biting her too now, but his attacks felt like licks compared to the damage in her back.

Still, Loup had not survived this long out of pure luck. Mixed in with the unpredictable fate of the wilderness was some of her own skill, and among those skills was a startling persistence. Developed from years of fights that she never would have been able to win otherwise, Loup had learned to push through any obstacle with sheer drive. They were not going to take her down. Pain, even this pain, was paltry in comparison to her persistence. Something reddish passed in front of her limited vision–the ribcage of the russet male dog. Not the best place to attack, but anything would have worked just then. She lashed out with her teeth and caught the male in the side, between his ribs and his hip. Loup's sudden movement loosened the bite-hold on her back, and the red dog's yelp spooked his companion into letting go entirely. In an instant, the tide of the fight had shifted back into Loup's favor. She smiled around her snarl.
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Chance Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:16 pm

Chance almost couldn't believe his eyes as Ghost lured the dog pack and had them running about like pups. A small grin found a place on his muzzle as he watched the show. Hiding in the forages, having his pelt brush other pelts on either side of him, and just hearing the slow breathing of the wolves around him trying to stay hidden and quiet woke up a feeling in his chest that had not been stirred in some time now. Was he really enjoying this? Not just the impending opportunity to show the dogs who was boss- which he was definitely going to take pleasure in- he was actually enjoying the feeling of knowing that someone was going to have his back. His eyes turned from Ghost and scanned across the determined and focused faces of the wolves at his flanks. They're really not so bad..

Did he speak too soon? It sure seemed like it, because out of nowhere- Lupa was off. Chance's pale eyes widened, what was she thinking? His head whipped around to meet the eyes of Loup, she seemed just as flabbergasted as he, but not too long later, the brown female was following pursuit. Chance wanted to howl in desperation, what is it with these females? Ah, but then that feeling he felt earlier burned like a flame within him. That was their quirks- his fellow wolves- all of them were so headstrong and eager, and he couldn't help but laugh and shake his head. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em

As soon as his paws began to propel him forward, it seemed that they immediately retracted. A loud growl erupted from the barreling black frame of a new wolf. "Oh no.." He breathed, this wolf was massive- how on Earth were they to attack dogs and him? It was then that Chance watched in somewhat awe and in somewhat horror how the male tore into the dogs, brutally shedding blood and flesh. At least he's on our side, for now.. Chance thought.

There were obviously more dogs than the group anticipated, but it seemed like the group was handling them well. Lupa defeated a few it seemed, and he watched as she and another seemed to be in a standoff. The female wolf didn't look too banged up, and even from where he stood he could see the fire burning in Lupa's deadlocked gaze. She is a fighter indeed. He noted, glad that her talk wasn't just that. It was then that his attention was painfully pulled away. Chance's ears were ringing with the sound of Loup's distress, and from what he gathered of the reserved female was.. well, that she was reserved- so exclaiming pain probably wasn't something she did often.

He watched in horror as she was ganged up on, and it felt like his paws wouldn't move any faster than they were now. He pushed, hard, desperately trying to be of back-up but the dogs just kept swarming her. Arriving to the scene, he was once again astounded at the strength this group of wolves possessed. Loup was already back on her feet, offering one of the fiercest snarls Chance had ever heard. He matched it, the kind wolf rarely showed his potential to be aggressive, but now was one of those times. His nose wrinkled up and he pulled his lips back, and as he launched at male dog his muscles rippled under his pelt. Chance's thick teeth sunk into the dog's shoulder, and the animal threw his head back in agony. Chance tightened his hold and violently slung the canine to the side, maintaining a low growl as the dog's body skidded and rolled. Chance wasn't here to play games, but he also wasn't here to kill without need. His legs shook with adrenaline, his tail was raised in dominance, he held his head low and kept his muscles tense and ready to launch, if this dog was still wanting to stick around for a fight, Chance was definitely going to give him one.
Chance
Chance
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:09 am

[Thanks guys, I always forget to check before.]

Lupa lowered her body, about to pounce before Loup's sudden painful howl echoed around in her ears. She ran towards the dog and snapped in its face before quickly turning to walk around to the zone where three dogs were by Loup. She stalked in the bushes just in case she was needed but she didn't think so. The brown female was a strong one and would not let herself die, Lupa wouldn't let her die either. No pack mate would die when she was around, that was her goal. A dog had a gripping hold on Loup's back but she managed to free herself, though Lupa didn't lower her guard. Loup let out a snarl as Chance jumped in to help. Lupa moved closer before letting out a low rumbling growl towards the female that had Loup by the back, she wasn't going to take anyone's fight but she was going to hold them back for a bit, so Loup could if needed have a breather. In her growl she asked the brown female, "Are you okay? Do you want me to stay?" she did not mind the answer, after all she's not needed all the time. All she wants is to help, though she needs help herself with other things, she'd ask Chance or maybe Loup once done with this mission. Lupa could only hope Stripe and Star were okay, then suddenly Lupa found something was biting into her tail, she pushed through although she felt the grinding of teeth and tail, she waited for Loup's response, continuing her growl and gritting her teeth.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum