DEPTHS OF SIKHOTE-ALIN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MALÁ SOPKA DEN

+9
Lupa
Smoke
Chance
Augustine
Pavor
Rivet
Kaia
Ember
Koa
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

MALÁ SOPKA DEN - Page 2 Empty Re: MALÁ SOPKA DEN

Post  Augustine Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:27 pm

AUGUSTINE
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"I've been offered food by two of you already, this is something I have not experienced for some time now. Of course I would, don't let my current stature fool you, I would love to show you all I'd make a great asset. I'm Chance, by the way."

It seemed their rag-tag group of loners and dispersal wolves was growing larger rapidly, in the back of his head he wondered if this territory would be able to sustain them all after sustaining only one wolf for who knew how long. Either way, he wasn't going to complain if they pulled their weight and kept the peace that had more or less settled over the den site.

"I scent a stranger!"

Augustine snarled in aggravation, it seemed now that he couldn't sit down without someone else wandering into them. He heaved himself up and stalked back over to where Ember was, glaring at the figure that had emerged from the treeline. They smelled a bit like Ember, and that instantly made him suspicious. Then the male was charging for the tree that she was in, and for a moment he was too shocked to do anything. Who charged into a clearing full of strangers like that? When he gathered his wits, he readying himself to force the stranger out, but then he was asking to be a pack member.

The new male and Ember had a rapid back and forth that he couldn't follow for the life of him, and he found himself in an even more sour mood than when he'd stood up, and he was pretty sure it showed on his face. "How do you know each other?" He settled for. Augustine needed to find an outlet to take all this nervous energy and aggravation out on before he started taking it out on the others and earn himself an unsavory position. For now, he settled on glaring sourly at Ember and the new male.

[274 words]
[Ember and Smoke addressed/mentioned]
Augustine
Augustine

http://wolfquest.org/bb/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=51

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:24 pm

I glance up at the male approaching us, and he does not look happy. Maybe he doesn't like strangers. The strange male asks us, "How do you know each other?" Well, at least he wasn't ordering me to leave or anything like that. And, this question is easy enough to answer. "I am Smoke, Ember's brother." My tail starts wagging again. "I scented her a ways off of this territory, and I have been following her scent for days now. But I've found her!" What was I going to do now... Oh! I drag my offering-the buck carcass- in front of the strange male, and back away, while saying, "Please accept my offering, as I would like to join your pack." I think I should say that, it is respectful to him, and I don't really know who the Alpha here is. May as well play it safe. If I get accepted, then I'll ask him what his name is, along with the other wolves of this pack.
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:06 pm

Loup's innards tied themselves into a knot. Insecurity wracked her. Wolves were popping out of the bushes left and right and her only defense was to smile like a ignorant pup and welcome them home. One or two she could stand, but it seemed like they were lining up to join this pack. More wolves meant more competition, more strain on resources, more stress and more arguments. How were they supposed to get anything done with the constant, nagging question of "Can I join your pack?". They weren't even a pack! Couldn't these new wolves see that!? She felt like she was in a river, being carried away and distracted by the trivial needs of wolves she didn't even know. Loup bared her teeth in a vicious, soundless snarl.

She knew she was being unreasonable–that Smoke and the others were just looking for safety and companionship like she was–but they were interfering. Every new face added more confusion. This group of wolves couldn't just sit around and wait for the Ancient One or anyone else to come and offer instructions. They needed a leader, they needed a planner, they needed a structure. Wolf packs relied on structure, and here they were with a make-shift democracy that didn't make sense to anyone. Even the new wolves were looking for a someone, or someones, in charge. Loup knew she did not have the authority to appoint a leader, or welcome a new pack member, but they needed to find a way to make decisions effectively. The current system of waiting for mumbled or implied suggestions would only work if tigers were planning to come and die at their feet. Something had to be done, and done soon.

Loup hated standing out. She hated saying things that might not win support. She loathed snapping at people to make them pay attention. So she boxed up all her feelings, pretended she was speaking to shadows and not individuals whose opinions she valued, and opened her mouth.

"I've had enough beating around the bush. We're all awake right now. All those in favor of allowing Chance and Smoke into the pack, say aye. Otherwise, we'll only end up chasing our tails in circles. Let's vote and get it over with."
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Augustine Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:36 pm

AUGUSTINE
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"I am Smoke, Ember's brother."

What a coincidence. A huge coincidence, and Augustine wasn't sure he trusted it. The territory was large, Russia and Siberia even larger, and he wasn't sure that a brother and sister would find each other just by happenstance. His eyes narrowed, but he didn't voice his concerns. It would be best to sit back and see if he was just paranoid or if he was right. He truly hoped he wasn't right, the group is too fragile, and it would most likely splinter if anything bad would happen so soon.

"Please accept my offering, as I would like to join your pack."

His stomach was in knots, his nerves on end, he wasn't hungry. Maybe it wasn't so obvious that they weren't a pack, perhaps that could be a good thing, but for now they didn't know what they were doing, each of them scrambling for a foot hold to ensure their longevity in the area. When he looked over to Loup, he could see her teeth bared, and she looked just as annoyed and upset as he was. Augustine considered comforting her, but not only was he bad at it, but he couldn't promise that everything would turn out alright.

"I've had enough beating around the bush. We're all awake right now. All those in favor of allowing Chance and Smoke into the pack, say aye. Otherwise, we'll only end up chasing our tails in circles. Let's vote and get it over with."

After a moment of careful consideration, he came up with his answer. Chance didn't seem a threat, but this new male - Smoke - was covered in scars, and he by chance happened to find Ember. Augustine would have to keep his eye on him, but he saw no reason to condemn Smoke for a crime he had yet to commit. "Aye." The word tasted like rancid meat in his maw, but he spat it out anyway. They had more important things to worry about than accepting members, they had to work out an hierarchy.

Looking to Loup, he pitched his plan. "We need a more effective way of making decisions. If we have a majority of the existing," he searched for something to call it, then settled - for lack of other words to call it - "pack present, we take a vote. If the vote is split, then the motion fails." Hopefully that would enable them to make quicker and more effective decisions.

[350 words]
[Everyone in the clearing addressed/mentioned]
Augustine
Augustine

http://wolfquest.org/bb/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=51

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:01 pm

Arg! This strange female must really hate strangers. I mean, snarling at someone who you don't know anything about-except for their name. (And some of their family relations

"I've had enough beating around the bush. We're all awake right now. All those in favor of allowing Chance and Smoke into the pack, say aye. Otherwise, we'll only end up chasing our tails in circles. Let's vote and get it over with." The angry female asks her pack. I know what my answer would be! Aye! So, obviously, I want to say my opinion. But... I have a feeling that it might make them dislike me even more. So, i don't say aye. I just think it really really loudly.

It works!
"Aye." This comes from the strange male, although he agreed-which I am grateful for- it sounds forced. "We need a more effective way of making decisions. If we have a majority of the existing pack present, we take a vote. If the vote is split, then the motion fails." Okay, then I hope you all vote for me and Chance (?Who is that? Oh, maybe it is another wolf that randomly came along). And if some of you don't want us in your pack... Well, I hope the majority wants us here.
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:21 pm

Star wondered still following the scent. Hopefully this Last Ancient was right, hopefully they would take her in. The smell was getting stronger and she knew she was getting close. It was hard to tell how many there were, the scents were all mixed up. But she could tell there were a few. Definitely more than two or three.

She heard a rustle in a bush. Rabbit. She leaped on it and killed it instantly. She ate it quickly for The Last Ancient had warned her of the the tigers and she didn't want to face them, not again. The horrifying images of her pack and the tigers came back to her.

She then kept walking sniffing the ground constantly. She then heard voices, she was very close. She looked through the tree leaves. She decided to go closer. "Hello." She said quietly. "Koa, The Last Ancient told me to come here to you guys." She lowered my stomach to the ground and laid back her ears in submission. It was obvious she had stepped in at the wrong time.
Star
Star
INTERMEDIATE Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:00 pm

Lupa surrounds the members of the pack looking to the ground.

"I'm sorry - I must leave, my pack needs me right now. I may return here. I want to help you all. I shall try to return and help. I am in Canada more than a weeks walk and swim from here. So it is a very far place. I shall miss you all." my tail dips down and my ears slightly back. I walk over to Koa "Goodbye, Last Ancient. We shall meet again." I then turn swifty and begin to trot off.

I sniff the air and locate my Western direction to which I just travel. The long walk is somewhat painful but enjoyable. I reach the ocean and begin to swim, I eventually reach the edge of Canada and know I must return quickly. I run to the South-Western tip of the Rockies where my packs den is. On my return they greet me happily and I remember the wonderful pack members I met on my journey, I know I will return to them someday.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:38 pm

Well, Loup -I think that is her name- is snarling at my brother. Maybe they don't like him because they hate me.

"I've had enough beating around the bush. We're all awake right now. All those in favor of allowing Chance and Smoke into the pack, say aye. Otherwise, we'll only end up chasing our tails in circles. Let's vote and get it over with." It should be obvious what my answer is, but just to be sure, "Aye." I bark.

"Aye." That comes from Augustine, and I am slightly surprised. He continues, "We need a more effective way of making decisions. If we have a majority of the existing pack present, we take a vote. If the vote is split, then the motion fails." Oh, majority rules. I had guessed that was what we were going on, but some clarification is always helpful. I scent the air, oh, a stranger. Not again... Now Loup and Augustine will get really worked up. Dang it.

"Hello. Koa, The Last Ancient told me to come here to you guys." Oh, she gets accepted instantly because Koa sent her. 'If Koa sent her, she has to be accepted." I bark out, I shoot a quick glare at my brother, if only he had found The Last Ancient first. I turn my head at the movement of Lupa. "I'm sorry - I must leave, my pack needs me right now. I may return here. I want to help you all. I shall try to return and help. I am in Canada more than a weeks walk and swim from here. So it is a very far place. I shall miss you all." Even if she was bossy, she could have been a good pack member. I feel a bit of guilt as I think that because she is leaving, the chances of my brother (and Chance) being accepted will be higher than they would have been if Lupa has stayed with us. They seem to want less wolves, so , ya. The pack would only grow by two, instead of three.
Ember
Ember
GREEN Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavor Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:28 pm

Pavor lifted her head to watch more new comers come into the clearing. Her dark amber eyes raking across each one and assessing them. Her gaze became questioning and somewhat uncomfortable. One male was at the base of a tree that Ember had climbed. Her face showing the mix of confusion once more, she watched and listened as they conversed with one another. This wasn't normal for her, she didn't like that so many were just appearing. She stood up at this point, uncertainty prickling in her fur as she took a step back, tensed up. She was beginning to feel a little crowded, so she settled with moving to the outskirts of the clearing.

"I've had enough beating around the bush. We're all awake right now. All those in favor of allowing Chance and Smoke into the pack, say aye. Otherwise, we'll only end up chasing our tails in circles. Let's vote and get it over with"

She felt her trust with Loup grow a little more. She had a point, as she was standing once more, eyeing the strangers that had entered. Her eyes wrenched upward assessing the two once more. What could she do? She wasn't big or strong enough to fight them off.

"Aye. We need a more effective way of making decisions. If we have a majority of the existing pack present, we take a vote. If the vote is split, then the motion fails."

She looked at him sharply. How could he just say Aye? But the more she thought about it, the more she thought that he might be having the same thoughts as everyone here in the clearing. These wolves could harm them, and the chance of siblings finding each other in such a large world was slim. Her eyes narrowed slightly at the pair, and her trust was dwindling.

"Aye." She forced the word out, aside of all other judgement and her tone was showing her despise of it. "Don't make me regret it." she added. Why couldn't she go back to her solitude now? She was done talking. She wanted to disappear, but The last Ancient had said to go in twos or threes. She frowned. She would listen to Koa until her dying breath, because if she made it this long, who was to say that she was leading them to their deaths?

"Hello. Koa, The Last Ancient told me to come here to you guys."

Oh great. Another stranger. She thought. Giving up all hope she sat down, and looked at everyone around the clearing. Her eyes narrowed and lips on the verge of forming a snarl. She wouldn't rest tonight.
Pavor
Pavor
GREEN Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:54 pm

Loup wanted to lay down and cover her eyes with a paw. Her head reeled. Blood pounded in her ears. The stars and the trees pulsed in and out of focus. Her fur itched like beetles were crawling along her spine. Why, why, why? she thought. Every time she felt like she had the slightest sense of control over a situation it leapt free of her grasp. Faces were spinning around her like a demented canine merry-go-round. Names jumbled and wrapped themselves up amid a dozen other letters and sounds. She gave her head a violent shake, ears flapping, but it did no good.

Hello, goodbye, aye, aye. My pack needs me. More effective way of making decisions. Has to be accepted. Aye. Don't make me regret it...

Words, oh so many words! But out of them all, Pavor's comment rang truest. Whatever they did now would affect them for seasons to come, good or bad. Already familiar faces were departing. Because of what they had done (or not done)? Maybe. Loup hadn't particularly liked Lupa, but she had been a strong, decent wolf. She was gone now, leaving them with the newcomers. Nothing could be taken for granted, expect that Loup was genuinely overwhelmed.

Focus. Loup stared hard at the twigs and blades of grass between her paws. Breathe. Easier said than done. You committed to this, didn't you? she hesitated. Did I? Yes, somewhere along the line. She forced herself to sigh. That's enough weakness, Loup. Come on. Toughen up. You can do this. You have to do this.

"Hello," she said to the new wolf. Glancing over she added to Ember; "Easy, okay? No body's ganging up on you, or your brother. I say aye for the first two, and I guess this one as well." She nodded at the wolf Koa had sent. If she'd been on her own, Loup probably would have refused all three of them. But here, she would not go against the trend her pack was showing. Don't make me regret it either, she thought. Loup knew about double-crossing, as the look she gave the newcomers attested.
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:01 pm

She could tell most of the wolves here weren't too happy about her coming. It seemed as if she had stepped in at the middle of a vote. Were these wolves a democracy?

She had also arrived just at the parting of another wolf. He had to go back to his other pack. She was jealous, he had two while she didn't even have one.

"If Koa sent her she has to be accepted." She looked up at the wolf in the tree. A wolf in a tree? The only time Star had been in a tree was when she tried to catch a bird. She jumped up and missed it and instead got stuck in the tree. Eventually she had come down. These were one of the few memories she had that actually made her smile.

She was glad she had more or less been accepted into the pack and also that she had met Koa. But she knew lots of others weren't too happy about it. But wouldn't Koa have accepted the others?
Star
Star
INTERMEDIATE Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:23 pm

"YOU ARE ALL HOPELESS, AREN'T YOU?"

She revealed herself, and stepped out of the shadows. Her figure was thin and lanky, and her fur, coarse. The looks of a leader she lacked; and yet, she did not consider herself to be one. It seemed, however, she would need to be one, at least in a temporary sense. The evidence of quarreling and distrust would break apart the pitiful pack with swiftness.Her eyes narrowed; she had neither the patience nor vigor. Once, such traits she was known for. Now, it seemed she would be known for traits of an opposite nature. Oh well, she thought. She hadn't the need to impress anyone, did she? They were here and alive, after all, and likely only due to her advice.

"Everyone is a member of this pack. Those that approach you, accept them. Unless, of course, they seem to be a problem. And a threat."

A breath of exasperation left the female, and it was loud enough for the others to notice.

"I fail to think that this one," nodding to Star, "is any more of a threat than the lot of you, when you all arrived. There shouldn't be any problems here."
Koa
Koa
The Last Ancient

https://wolvesofsikhotealin.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chance Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:30 pm

{ sorry in advance if I'm missing any information. }

Ah, what a relief. Chance swiped his pink tongue over his lips, cleaning any left over blood or bits of meat from his muzzle. The meal these wolves so kindly offered had done quite the trick, and Chance was forever in their gratitude. He was a humble male, as he obviously appeared, very simple and easy going. He understood that not all wolves were who they appeared to be, but he also believed that everyone deserved a chance to prove themselves. He could not help but tighten the skin around his maw in a meek smile, why did these wolves fret so much? Sure, it was scary, all these strangers being drawn to the same place and to each other, but Chance believed in a thing called 'destiny,' and that thought alone made him obviously more eager to welcome new faces than the rest of these wolves.

Chance straightened his posture, threw a few licks across his pelt to straighten out and clean his fur, and took a big exhale as the wolves voted among themselves. He was a bit confused however, why would they let him eat from their kill and then question if he got to stay? At least this other wolf, Smokey? Smoke? Eh, he'll figure it out eventually; at least this other wolf had some insight. Gathering that he and Ember were siblings, he hoped that their relationship did not set him higher than Chance. I was here first pal..

A new wolf's presence sent a chill ruffling through Chance's pelt. This wolf was warn with age, she appeared ancient, it almost looked as if she carried stars in her pelt- or maybe it was just dust. Nonetheless, this wolf vibed importance, and due to the way everyone's ears and eyes immediately adverted to her, it was in plain knowledge that this wolf was the sort of.. Leader, or maybe just more of a Guide. However he couldn't agree more with her words. Chance dipped his head to this wolf, a notion of gratitude.

So now he was accepted, at least he thought so, and looking around at these wolves... it didn't seem so bad. He didn't really know what to say, so he laughed- and man did it feel good. "Hopeless? Yeah probably. But eh, we'll make it work." He grinned.
Chance
Chance
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:49 am

"Hopeless? Yeah probably. But eh, we'll make it work."
Star looked at him. She admired this wolf's optimism. She couldn't wait to get to know everyone. So she was now part of this pack. She decided to get out of her submission posture and to slowly stand up (she didn't want to seem threatening.) She looked around at all the new faces, then looked back at Koa.

She seemed to just appear out of nowhere. It was obvious she was like a guide. She then looked towards the others. "So now that we're a some what of a pack. What are we going to do now?"
Star
Star
INTERMEDIATE Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:50 pm

"WHAT TO DO?" the wolf croaked, smiling. "Well, I have my first task for you."
The old animal re-positioned herself, erring slightly on her haunches. With a huff, she sighed; her breathe was somewhat shallow, and came out tattered. "I cannot accompany you, but I can certainly provide the details."

As she awaited the attention of all, she began, "There have been signs of disease for one of our... resident tigers. Though they are far from the heart of the territory and reside in Kiyevka Bay, I want to make sure it does not spread. Granted, the tigers here are rather solitary, but she has two young cubs. No male, to my knowledge, is present, so all should go smoothly. Regardless, I want to make sure that she doesn't attempt to leave her own territory to vacate it because of her illness. Do not approach her, or her cubs. All I want you to do is to observe her and her condition. If she dies or recovers, you must return to me with the news. That is all I ask. Not everyone needs to go, but please, if you do decide to go after everyone has already left, do not go alone. Take some sentries, hunters, and caretakers with you. That is, if you've already assumed those roles. I recommend you do so, for a heightened level of success. Organization is key. If you are still new, follow along, and learn from them."

[DETAILS:
https://wolvesofsikhotealin.forumotion.com/t44-roleplay-event-signs-of-disease#353

GOOD LUCK!]
Koa
Koa
The Last Ancient

https://wolvesofsikhotealin.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:25 pm

"There have been signs of disease for one of our... resident tigers. Though they are far from the heart of the territory and reside in Kiyevka Bay, I want to make sure it does not spread. Granted, the tigers here are rather solitary, but she has two young cubs. No male, to my knowledge, is present, so all should go smoothly. Regardless, I want to make sure that she doesn't attempt to leave her own territory to vacate it because of her illness. Do not approach her, or her cubs. All I want you to do is to observe her and her condition. If she dies or recovers, you must return to me with the news. That is all I ask. Not everyone needs to go, but please, if you do decide to go after everyone has already left, do not go alone. Take some sentries, hunters, and caretakers with you. That is, if you've already assumed those roles. I recommend you do so, for a heightened level of success. Organization is key. If you are still new, follow along, and learn from them."

The old wolf's voice crackled and wheezed, but Loup could still sense the purpose in her tone. A purpose that the much younger female was wary of. Everything in a wolf's nature told it to respect authority and trust seniors, but Loup wondered if the Last Ancient understood the full magnitude of her request. Sending a patch-work group of loners deep into a dangerous territory to keep tabs on a mother tiger sounded... well, a bit like the ramblings of a failing mind.

All the same, Loup lifted her head with determination. The mention of staying behind repelled her as strongly as would the claws of said tiger. No way was she going to be left out of the action, tended to like a pup pouncing on butterflies. That was the reason she'd left her first pack. Recklessness called. If there was one thing Loup loved to do, it was turning the hunter into the hunted. A wicked grin spread across her muzzle.

"I'm in."
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:50 pm

"There have been signs of disease for one of our... resident tigers. Though they are far from the heart of the territory and reside in Kiyevka Bay, I want to make sure it does not spread. Granted, the tigers here are rather solitary, but she has two young cubs. No male, to my knowledge, is present, so all should go smoothly. Regardless, I want to make sure that she doesn't attempt to leave her own territory to vacate it because of her illness. Do not approach her, or her cubs. All I want you to do is to observe her and her condition. If she dies or recovers, you must return to me with the news. That is all I ask. Not everyone needs to go, but please, if you do decide to go after everyone has already left, do not go alone. Take some sentries, hunters, and caretakers with you. That is, if you've already assumed those roles. I recommend you do so, for a heightened level of success. Organization is key. If you are still new, follow along, and learn from them." I'm going. Obviously. Why would I miss a chance to observe the latter's of my enemy? I only know two things about them: they like to swim and they are horrible at climbing trees. Loup is also going.
"I am going as well."
Sentries, hunters, and caretakers... I'm not great at carrying for others, so no for caretaker. Sentries, I could be one, but eh. I've always been good at hunting, so I'd prefer to be a hunter.
Ember
Ember
GREEN Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Seyes Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:31 pm

Seyes had been traveling for weeks from the far far west. The last few days he had been picking up on the scents of other wolves, and had been honing in on the den for the last three. He had finally gotten close when he heard voices.

He decided to listen to one voice out of the group:
"There have been signs of disease for one of our... resident tigers. Though they are far from the heart of the territory and reside in Kiyevka Bay, I want to make sure it does not spread. Granted, the tigers here are rather solitary, but she has two young cubs. No male, to my knowledge, is present, so all should go smoothly. Regardless, I want to make sure that she doesn't attempt to leave her own territory to vacate it because of her illness. Do not approach her, or her cubs. All I want you to do is to observe her and her condition. If she dies or recovers, you must return to me with the news. That is all I ask. Not everyone needs to go, but please, if you do decide to go after everyone has already left, do not go alone. Take some sentries, hunters, and caretakers with you. That is, if you've already assumed those roles. I recommend you do so, for a heightened level of success. Organization is key. If you are still new, follow along, and learn from them."

Having thought over the situation, Seyes made himself known. He half stumbled, half limped into the group and in tired, disgruntled, and gruff voice he stated, "I would like to go along. I am new to these parts and would like to get to know the area and its inhabitants. If nobody would mind, of course." He looked around, trying to read the faces of the group around him and get a feel of what kind of wolves he was dealing with. "I'm Seyes by the way, been traveling for several weeks now and I've been through several pack territories and chased off without being given but a chance to explain myself."

Seyes
GREEN Sentry

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavor Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:00 am

Honestly, the elderly wolf had startled Pavor. The thought of Tigers frightened her. Loup, Ember, and another stranger who she didn't see come up had already volunteered to go. What if a male did show up? What if one was careless and got hurt? Her mind raced with what ifs and reasons to stay behind, but who would care for the ones out there. She thought about her role in the pack. She was not one for fighting, and hunting was not her strongest element. The more she thought about it, the more she decided that she would take up the position as a Caretaker. Surely there could be someone else that would be one as well and they could look after the ones that stayed behind.

"I'll go incase anyone gets hurt by doing something stupid." She felt this was reason enough for her to go, and said nothing else of the matter. She sat back, waiting to see if anyone else would go.
Pavor
Pavor
GREEN Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:28 am

Koa had given us our first task. Finally Star had a chance to prove herself, she didn't want to just storm in and not prove herself at all. Four people had already said they'd. Her lack of strength meant I wouldn't exactly be a good hunter or sentry. So she would probably be best at being a caretaker.
"I'll go. I'm not very strong, but I'm quite fast and I'll try my best."
She looked around at the others. Maybe everyone would join and it could be kind of a bonding trip.
Star
Star
INTERMEDIATE Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaia Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:54 am

"YOU ARE ALL HOPELESS, AREN'T YOU?"

Kaia, startled, jolted awake. The elderly female was back, and she seemed very unimpressed. The grey female found this a bit saddening, they had figured some things out, and found this den. Nobody was eaten by tigers. That seemed pretty good a start for them. She shifted uncomfortably, wondering if it would be pointed out that she had been passed out rather than awake helping to accept members and the like. She had definitely needed the sleep, but she still now felt a pang of guilt.

"Everyone is a member of this pack. Those that approach you, accept them. Unless, of course, they seem to be a problem. And a threat.I fail to think that this one, is any more of a threat than the lot of you, when you all arrived. There shouldn't be any problems here."

I agree with her., Kaia thought. They had been rather silly about accepting members, from what she gleaned when she was falling asleep. Koa was here now to guide them better, and likely had something for them to do now, some task to accomplish. Kaia slowly rose to her feet, stretching first. She did feel much better after the nap she had taken, she was reinvigorated and ready to go.

"WHAT TO DO? Well, I have my first task for you. I cannot accompany you, but I can certainly provide the details. There have been signs of disease for one of our... resident tigers. Though they are far from the heart of the territory and reside in Kiyevka Bay, I want to make sure it does not spread. Granted, the tigers here are rather solitary, but she has two young cubs. No male, to my knowledge, is present, so all should go smoothly. Regardless, I want to make sure that she doesn't attempt to leave her own territory to vacate it because of her illness. Do not approach her, or her cubs. All I want you to do is to observe her and her condition. If she dies or recovers, you must return to me with the news. That is all I ask. Not everyone needs to go, but please, if you do decide to go after everyone has already left, do not go alone. Take some sentries, hunters, and caretakers with you. That is, if you've already assumed those roles. I recommend you do so, for a heightened level of success. Organization is key. If you are still new, follow along, and learn from them."

Kaia nodded, pondering the mission. She was ready for this. She looked to Rivet, wondering if he would come along as well. Her only concern was if anyone got injured or killed, they were doing well now, she didn't want to ruin the streak of success. "I will go." She replied, as the other wolves around her did as well. She flicked her tail in approval, and then it began to slightly wave to and fro. It was not of happiness, this tail wag, but simply of excitement. I will be a sentry. she mused to herself, the position seemed to fit well for now.
Kaia
Kaia
GREEN Sentry

Back to top Go down

Post  Chance Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:32 pm

"WHAT TO DO? Well, I have my first task for you. I cannot accompany you, but I can certainly provide the details. There have been signs of disease for one of our... resident tigers. Though they are far from the heart of the territory and reside in Kiyevka Bay, I want to make sure it does not spread. Granted, the tigers here are rather solitary, but she has two young cubs. No male, to my knowledge, is present, so all should go smoothly. Regardless, I want to make sure that she doesn't attempt to leave her own territory to vacate it because of her illness. Do not approach her, or her cubs. All I want you to do is to observe her and her condition. If she dies or recovers, you must return to me with the news. That is all I ask. Not everyone needs to go, but please, if you do decide to go after everyone has already left, do not go alone. Take some sentries, hunters, and caretakers with you. That is, if you've already assumed those roles. I recommend you do so, for a heightened level of success. Organization is key. If you are still new, follow along, and learn from them."

Chance's ears flicked back against his head at the mention of diseased tigers. Well what could be worse than that? Chills ran through his body in disgust, but regardless of how appalling the situation was, he knew he could handle it. Chance's ears straightened quickly at the mention of his rank, Sentry, was to accompany the group. He nodded his head in acceptance, the mission seemed simple enough. "Go, observe, report. Got it. I'm in." He grinned, unable to mask the excitement that laced his voice.

Chance couldn't help but laugh at Pavor's comment. He was very much pleased the caretaker was joining them. He knew very well that her role would be efficient in succeeding. He nodded as Star spoke up as well, another caretaker. "Thank goodness you two are coming. I'm a little clumsy if you haven't noticed." He said with a shrug of his shoulders, offering a sheepish smile before turning his attention the the next voice to speak up- Kaia, a fellow sentry. He chuckled lightly at her tail wag- it was good to know he wasn't the only one excited.

The Sentry's eyes darted to the next voice, a voice he hadn't heard before. It was another new wolf, a male. He was a little rough looking, much like Chance was before he was offered food and time to groom himself, but overall eager to attend the mission. Chance bore a surprised expression, how strange it was that a wolf who did not know anyone was eager to accompany a mission that was very much unappealing to someone who had no connections- or so he thought. His expression switched to something more friendly, and he gave the new wolf, Seyes he called himself, a nod. "Welcome Seyes!" He greeted. Koa had mentioned earlier to accept all that came, unless genuinely threatening. So, what a perfect chance to show the Last Ancient that he was willing to abide. "I'm Chance, and I don't see a problem with you getting a feel of the territory."
Chance
Chance
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:29 pm

It looked like more and more people were coming. Even someone who had hardly even been here for a minute. Star could hardly keep her excitement in.

"Welcome Seyes! I'm Chance, and I don't see a problem with you getting a feel of the territory."
Well this wolf called Chance, was already listening to Koa. So she decided to follow his example.
"Hello Seyes. I wouldn't mind. My name's Star by the way." She then wondered if she had told the others her name. But they probably heard it now.
Star
Star
INTERMEDIATE Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Seyes Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:53 am

Seyes stood there for a little bit, listening to the replies of the others. The welcomes did not fall on deaf ears and were noted, he thought to himself: These wolves are friendly enough, let's see what they do when they're faced with a challenge.

Three seconds of judging complete he made himself heard again.

"Are we going somewhere soon or not? I’m a tad beat from my journey and I could go for some sleep, or a snack, or both.”     Seyes’ mind went off on a tangent, thinking of food and sleep.  His tail wagged in excitement from his daydream. He snapped out of it.    “Sorry about that, it’s been a while since I’ve eaten. But if we aren’t going anywhere anytime soon I’m going to catch a quick nap.”   He looked around in anticipation of an answer.

Seyes
GREEN Sentry

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:27 pm

Napping sounded pretty good to Loup. She yawned, then extended her front legs in a stretch. They were still horribly sore from her journey to this place, but now she was about to make another epic march. Would there be no end? She lifted her broad muzzle and searched for the scent of salt water, but if it was possible to detect from here the wind was in the wrong direction. Instead, the cool night air carried only the scents of the rivers and the animals that wandered their banks. Faintly, she also thought she smelled the wolf who had left–Lupa–and a newcomer. Good, she thought We might have extra reinforcements. Loup was glad the rest of the group wanted to come. She might be able to do a better job by herself, but what was the point of defending a territory if she was the only one who cared? She had spent too long doing other people's jobs for them, so it was heartening that even the gentle caretakers were prepared to help. Perhaps the pack would find kinship within their challenge. At least that was what she could hope for.

Loup breathed deeply, then trotted to the edge of the den's clearing. Ahead, across rivers and hills, lay a dangerous hunting ground and a sickly tiger. The only thing she had to rely on was a motley crew of loners. This, she supposed, would be the greatest test her trust had ever undergone. She had nothing to lose–except her life. Here goes nothing...

"I'm ready if you are." she said firmly, disguising her doubts. "Let's do this and do it right."

[headed to Vodopadnaya River area and/or Vodopadnaya's Place of Mirrors]
wasn't sure how else to role-play the journey...
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next